I was thinking on making a book on armor.

FO Seaman

As the topic name explains it, does anyone think I should compare armor from other countries as well.

Heres what I've got for the list

M4
M26
M47
M47
M48
M60

don't have my list with me right now but thats some I have on it.

Well its on armor and some cav., to show how the US has progressed in armor types and size, shape, ammo, caliber, ect...

Cadet Airman Adam...do you know what you have to do to make a serious book let alone get it published.

Not that I'm underestimating you...but this just seems like a big project for a person your age.
I'm assuming you're around 20. And do you have any previous writing experience?

You need the credentials man. Basically you would have had to serve in an armored unit, and also have studied on it extensively. You may even need a PhD on something related to what you're publishing.

No one's going to consider the work of a 16 year old unless you're an engineering genius attached to General Dynamics and involved in making the latest M-1A2s.

Well, credentials is no problem, the writing is a negative.

But I have studied very deeply and extensivly.

And am A FIST qualified.

What's an A FIST?
Either way, you need to show you've actually been to college, or are in college and work for big companies ahead of schedule due to personal talent before you can publish something like this.
Once you go to college, you'll appriciate how difficult it is to get things published. Even Ph.D.s will spend many years trying to get one book published (sending, rejecting, editing. sending rejecting editing etc.).
It even can take over a year to get an article in a magazine published if you are going to publish in a scholarly journal.

There are some very few exceptions to this as some have published without a college education, but from book reviews of one, it says that the author hasn't gone to college, and in the book it really shows.

Not about the age, but do you believe that you have the knowledge?

I think if you compare to USSR tanks, it helps explain why and how the USA developed its hardware.

I frankly don't care what they think.
I'm A FIST qual, and I'm going to write a book.
Thats the problem with people today, someones word isn't good enough.

Anyone here other that a tanker driven a tank? Anyone else here taken A FIST other than a tanker? Anyone here seen the been on the inside of a T-62 other than a tanker? Anyone here ever train in a Abrams Sim other then a tanker? Anyone played Steel Beasts or VBS other then a tanker?

I play VBS1 (Steel Beasts too...though I have no time for it now) and I'm not a tanker, not even an army guy-and there are a lot of others that play it.
FYI...VBS1 is on sale for civilians in Europe and the rest of the world...that is if were talking about the same VBS...because the last time I heard Coalescent wouldn't distribute it to civvies in America.

Can you explain please what is FIST.
Thank you.

Being inside a tank is no big achievement...our army has an "open doors days" every year and I attended a couple of times.
Don't get me wrong I ain't trying to put you down, it just seems to me that you're taking this to lightly, but then again I could be wrong.

Ahhh....
I still think that's not really enough for a serious book.
However, it might be enough for an intro to tanks for kids book if u have a good illustrator.

Back