I was thinking on making a book on armor.

Pointless.

a) Would you publish a book on armor from a 16 year old?

b) Would you _buy_ a book on armor from a 16 year old?

That's what I've been trying to get at.
He doesn't have any credentials.
Sure, if he was a 16 year old whiz kid that got a contract at General Dynamics Land Division and helped design upgrades for M-1s etc. then sure maybe.
But a serious book on armor by a 16 year old who's been around tanks isn't going to fly.
I just don't think he understands the scale of the project he is undertaking. It takes years of study (and I mean graduate level study) to release anything like this. And it'll probably require personal experience as a Tank crewman, preferrably TC.

i would think that you 1) need to show good specs... check out www.armytechnology.com for that
2) you need to get good pictures = getting permission.
3) try to use good stories, and interesting facts, like how the weapons were used, or misused, the pros and cons of every vehicle, a short history...

and 4), what i notice no book publishers do, is try to talk about each vehicles different mods, as many as you can...

e.g. i like reading about IDF, all i see at most is merkava 2, 3 and sabra... they hardly talk about it to the degree of www.israeli-weapons.com, and when they have american M113 and M60's they never show newest mods...
my newest book however has helped, it has some good info on Sho't tank as well as centurion.

the_13th_redneck said:
Ahhh....
I still think that's not really enough for a serious book.
However, it might be enough for an intro to tanks for kids book if u have a good illustrator.

Awww...that's gonna hurt him...

Kids book? And yes AFIST stands for Abrams Full Crew Interactive Simulator Training, and I was going to be BFIST but we moved from DC to Knox.

FYI, Did you know that the APFSDS-T where under serious investigation because they had dents in the rounds and they where leaking ammonia?

They leaked becasue the main guns breach had burs sticking out and would dent or scrap the round everytime the crew practiced loader training, the army's main worry was that the crew may suffer harm from the fumes but as proven they couldn't but the ammonia and propelant could be set off by a spark and would in turn explode while in the loaders arms. So the army took every M1A1 and A2 and replaced the breach or filed down the burs. Took months and lots of money.

Learned that at a Master Gunner confernce I went to with my dad.

Yes I was a beta tester for VBS1, but the civilians get the unclassifed copy, I had the one where you needed a crypto-key to play, played so much I blew the key while it was in the USB port and I know ******* who helped with Steel Beasts, my dads good friend. Also was a unoffical-beta (Army's one for the Hummer for convoy protection) for the new Virtual Driver by Radon (www.virtualdriver.net).

It can also be put into a trailer with a AFIST trainer.
image002.jpg

Cadet Airman Adam Seaman said:
Yes I was a beta tester for VBS1, but the civilians get the unclassifed copy, I had the one where you needed a crypto-key to play, played so much I blew the key while it was in the USB port

I find that terribly hard to believe...I'm sorry but that statement has to be false/untrue.
If anyone in your family or the immediate sorrounding neighbourhood was a VBS beta tester it was your father and not you.
And the USB copy protection key is standard in my parts of the world.

Back