I was thinking on making a book on armor. - Page 2

--

January 30th, 2005  
A Can of Man

What's an A FIST?
Either way, you need to show you've actually been to college, or are in college and work for big companies ahead of schedule due to personal talent before you can publish something like this.
Once you go to college, you'll appriciate how difficult it is to get things published. Even Ph.D.s will spend many years trying to get one book published (sending, rejecting, editing. sending rejecting editing etc.).
It even can take over a year to get an article in a magazine published if you are going to publish in a scholarly journal.

There are some very few exceptions to this as some have published without a college education, but from book reviews of one, it says that the author hasn't gone to college, and in the book it really shows.
January 30th, 2005  
SHERMAN

Not about the age, but do you believe that you have the knowledge?

I think if you compare to USSR tanks, it helps explain why and how the USA developed its hardware.
January 30th, 2005  
A Can of Man

16s still a little young.
--
January 31st, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Airman Adam Seaman
And am A FIST qualified.
PM me with the details of this qualification immediately so that I may call and confirm your claim.
I'm not on any list, it was a Saturday and my dad was working with NGB.
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

You at least need to be on an official list. No one's going to take your word for anything.
January 31st, 2005  
FO Seaman

I frankly don't care what they think.
I'm A FIST qual, and I'm going to write a book.
Thats the problem with people today, someones word isn't good enough.

Anyone here other that a tanker driven a tank? Anyone else here taken A FIST other than a tanker? Anyone here seen the been on the inside of a T-62 other than a tanker? Anyone here ever train in a Abrams Sim other then a tanker? Anyone played Steel Beasts or VBS other then a tanker?
January 31st, 2005  
rOk

I play VBS1 (Steel Beasts too...though I have no time for it now) and I'm not a tanker, not even an army guy-and there are a lot of others that play it.
FYI...VBS1 is on sale for civilians in Europe and the rest of the world...that is if were talking about the same VBS...because the last time I heard Coalescent wouldn't distribute it to civvies in America.

Can you explain please what is FIST.
Thank you.

Being inside a tank is no big achievement...our army has an "open doors days" every year and I attended a couple of times.
Don't get me wrong I ain't trying to put you down, it just seems to me that you're taking this to lightly, but then again I could be wrong.
January 31st, 2005  
Kozzy Mozzy

FIST is fire support team I believe.
January 31st, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
FIST is fire support team I believe.
A FIST : Abrams Full Crew Interactive Simulation Trainer
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ation+Trainer+
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

Ahhh....
I still think that's not really enough for a serious book.
However, it might be enough for an intro to tanks for kids book if u have a good illustrator.