Thinking of the joining the (dutch) army next year, couple of questions.

Panicmonger

Hello everyone, I'm currently thinking about joining the Airmobile Brigade as infantry and if/when I complete that aim for the paratroopers (I think that's a specialization within the corp?). I'm 18 years old right now and 19 and a half when I am going to apply (leaving on a world trip this spring). Currently I work out at the gym (doing everything from weights, running, cardio, the whole package) 90-120 minutes every other day. I'd say my condition is pretty good and I'm mentally quite stable, I'm usually pretty positive and determined so I doubt that'll be an issue.

I doubt there's any dutch soldiers lurking around here but I suppose the US counterparts aren't too different from ours. Do you guys have any tips since I have quite a lot of time to prepare, and is my current health good enough? I don't have glasses, never broke anything, no cavities (sp?) etc. etc. I'm about 6'2 and weigh around 65kg which is rather low but I wouldn't say I'm skinny, though my bodyfat percentage is 4.8% :shock:

All comments welcome, thanks in advance.

Back