Thinking about joining the Civil Air Patrol

Kevin

As mentioned in the title I'm thinking about joining the Civil Air Patrol. I have sent off for the information they send you, but I also have some questions for you guys. How many times a week/month do you meet? What are some of the things that you do?

We meet once a week. The day depends on the squadron. Also what happens at the meetings depends on the squadron. We have PT 3 times a month, sometimes four times. We also have ES (Emergancy Services) and AE (Aerospace Education) classes. As well as Morale Leadership classes. We have each class once a month. The rest of the meeting may be drill or another class, and sometimes a speech.

I would join but.. nearest one is 5miles from me.. :( T__T No rides either, single parent and works full time.. :s omg.. I really wanna join.. seems soo much fun than AFJROTC.. at least im in that because its in school.. man CAP seems so fun. My friend in one he said he does PT and learn about aircraft and learn to fly and shoot rifles and other goodies.. in my AFJROTC class we just talk about how we can "improve our class" and we are always promised to do aerospace science.. my SASI is in computer all day and my ASI just wants to go home.... at least we get to go to Kitty Hawk every 2-3 years and some fun fieldtrips like Edwards AFB omg fun! food uber cheap too!

You should get in contact with the Sq you want to join. There should be a parent/cadet/Senior Memeber who would be willing to give you rides. A problem with rides alone should not keep you from joining, so give it a try.

I want to joing as well, i know 2 people who joined, one is a staff and the other one is my best friend but the staff member is kinda a jerk. I really want to join to... and back to henderson, dress uniforms arn't that bad... My best friend hasn't even gotten heer BDUs yet so I would stick to dress uniform

C/2Lt Henderson said:
A tad off topic here but I hate the CAP cause they get to wear BDUs...JROTC is stuck with dress uniforms...
Hate the Air Force for that if you must hate someone. We get our funding from them.

Alright, lets keep this on topic, eh? I can't really put my input as to what CAP does, but the rest of you guys might as well answer Kevin's question.

Back