Do you think a virgin wife is important? - Page 10

View Poll Results :Do you mind if your wife is not a virgin?
Yes, I mind 19 22.89%
No, I don't 34 40.96%
Whether yes or no, it doesn't bother me. 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

November 12th, 2004  
Missileer

Now why would you be unwilling to ponder a biological fact? I would like to hear your views on life, I would really be interested. I'm like the Government, "I'm here to help you".
November 12th, 2004  
dougal

No one seems to be intrested about a vergin husband though do they?
November 13th, 2004  
AussieNick

Now I've got to admit I don't mind. I believe it's not a bad thing for your wife to have "prior" experience. It means she may be more adventurous, more knowledgable, and you don't have the whole issues of her "losing her virginity".

My girlfriend of several years was not a virgin when I met her and neither was I, we were both happy with this and have been excedingly happy ever since, and our relationship is more than just sex as so many relationships are these days, that is one point I agree on. I guess the important thing is that she has cut her ties with the past, and that she is STD free.
--
Boots
November 13th, 2004  
Missileer

Topic: Virginity

I think the fact that one's mate has had prior sexual experiences is more important to the male of the species. I'm not sure where the difference started, whether naturally or by societal influences. Some religions stress polygamy but did you notice that there are always multiple wives and one husband? What's up with that? I think the only reason that I would be upset by my wife/fiance not being virgin is if I were to be compared to him by her or be consulted by him as to whether she still liked this or that in bed. I'm not sure that a woman would feel that strongly about such circumstances.
November 13th, 2004  
irishgal

when im having sex with my man none of my ex's ever even enter my head im having sex with him not them!

it started because women in the past were expected to be innocent, shy virginal angels and if they weren't they were placed in institutes (at least in Ireland anyway) while the man on the other hand was congradulated and praised for being experienced and placing his 'power' on the woman, like he was couragous for it, even if the girl was raped she was punished.

thankfully that has changed some still expect the woman to be innocent etc.
November 13th, 2004  
dougal

Quote:
it started because women in the past were expected to be innocent, shy virginal angels and if they weren't they were placed in institutes (at least in Ireland anyway) while the man on the other hand was congradulated and praised for being experienced and placing his 'power' on the woman, like he was couragous for it, even if the girl was raped she was punished.

thankfully that has changed some still expect the woman to be innocent etc.
You living in your own little Ireland there? The man was outcast from the parish and lucky if he wasnt tared and feathered! Not patted on the back a bought a pint for his troubles. What were ya smoking when you wrote that? Congrats on the engagment. He in GMIT too?
November 14th, 2004  
redcoat

Quote:
Do you think that when you get married, your wife should be a virgin?
Only if you were a virgin yourself. Otherwise it would just be hypocrisy.
November 14th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoat
Quote:
Do you think that when you get married, your wife should be a virgin?
Only if you were a virgin yourself. Otherwise it would just be hypocrisy.
NICE! the britt knows what he is talking about
November 14th, 2004  
dougal

Quote:
NICE! the britt knows what he is talking about
Better quote it, not often that happens!
November 14th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

are you dissing the british? *spoken with a thick British accent*