Do you think Taiwan has nukes?

texasrebel211

My guess is that they do have them in the likely invent of an invasion from China and that they were given to them by the US.

According to my Taiwanese girlfriend they don't, and the Americans do not want them to develop their own.

They probably have a few lost Soviet nukes lying around though.

texasrebel211 said:
Romero said:
According to my Taiwanese girlfriend they don't
lol wow dude you have contacts!

:) Oh no, I've said too much! The Red Army will be in Taipei by dawn! I'll send her to find some WMD in Iraq.

Seriously though, if they had nukes, wouldn't they anounce it, to act as a deterrent to China?

Romero said:
texasrebel211 said:
Romero said:
According to my Taiwanese girlfriend they don't
lol wow dude you have contacts!

:) Oh no, I've said too much! The Red Army will be in Taipei by dawn! I'll send her to find some WMD in Iraq.

Seriously though, if they had nukes, wouldn't they anounce it, to act as a deterrent to China?
Well that probably woudln't deter China too much just because they are China if you know what I mean. Also, if they announced that they had them then there would be the whole UN outcry.

Indeed. However, Taiwan isn't in the UN. Their membership was given to China.

If Taiwan is relying on its armed forces to defend itself then its stuffed, frankly (unless they have US help). Taiwan may be the largest arms buyer in the world, but they need a few nukes, as a deterrent, as I said earlier, and to show they aren't a soft target, like North Korea. In my humble opinion anyway.

The only thing keeping Taiwan, South Korea and Japan from developing nukes is America's involvement. If America pulls out of the region or decides to play a decidedly smaller role, all three will require Nukes. Taiwan probably more than the others.

Of course no.

If they had, we have already known for long time, since we have a lot of intelligence agents there in fact.

Doc.S said:
*Lol*

What`s next? Does Cuba have Nukes? Simular question. :lol:

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:
Yes but it isn't like Cuba is on the verge of being invaded by a larger superpower. Also, Cuba doesn't have the US on their side.

the_13th_redneck said:
The only thing keeping Taiwan, South Korea and Japan from developing nukes is America's involvement. If America pulls out of the region or decides to play a decidedly smaller role, all three will require Nukes. Taiwan probably more than the others.
Ironic that China is so keen to have us go away and leave the area to them. Well, not that they've said as much, but that's the feel you get.

If we had confirmation of Taiwanese nukes, would that actually deter China? Would it be more a matter of how many?

As a general rule, I prefer to not see anybody new develop nuclear weapons -- the more nations that have them, the more likely for a gigantic "OOOPPS!!" to occur. Not the kind of thing we want to see anytime soon.

maybe u know nuclear tec is not a hightec now,any country can try to build it by itself,many countries possess it, blackmarket is a perfect approach. uranium and other components related to atom bomb can easily gained in previous countries of soviet union. and inexpensive.

Back