Things gone wrong!

Good grief, it didn't appear to be a trained gun crew to me. Sandbags on the gun supports? Ain't gonna work. It looked as if the gun fired when the breech was closed because the empty casing ejected out the back without his having to open the breech to eject and reload.

I know it has happend a couple of times in Norway also. What happens is an mailfunction in the priming mechanisen. If you insert the ignition cartridge before you close the wedge the gun might go off instantly. It is not a very common failure, but after an accident like this in 2001 the guncrew's in Norway always insert the ignition cartridge after they have closed the wedge.

PS.
Not sure if i got all the technical terms right, but i hope you understand what i mean.

why is he an idiot? the cannon went off by itself... or did i miss something?

and ye.. the people dont even react to it...
im not specialized in artillery but my dad has been and he's taought me alot of stuff so im lucky to have cought it by eye but the canon did infact missfire lol "explination"> right when he punch'd in the wedge the thing seemed to auto burst.....
"ether that or im missing something?":bang:

Last edited:
The reason this happened was a malfunction. The gun fired when the breechblock was closed, before the gunner had a chance to pull the string. This was not negligence, it was an accident. One thin is for sure, that will rearrange your insides.

Back