8 months ago BUt only slightly lol

The Bawstin Accent

Moved to it's own Thread

LadyHawk

**Future Marine Corp Mom**
January 12th, 2005  
DTop

Why stick the bawstin accent in here with the Sothern thread
You must have lived in the South end. Ah yes good ol Southie. I'd have pegged you more toward the cape (Cape Cod) but not right on the cape. I don't know why but that's just the image I have of you. So, where in the Bay State did you live ladyhawk?
January 12th, 2005  
ladyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
Why stick the bawstin accent in here with the Sothern thread
You must have lived in the South end. Ah yes good ol Southie. I'd have pegged you more toward the cape (Cape Cod) but not right on the cape. I don't know why but that's just the image I have of you. So, where in the Bay State did you live?
I guess I stuck it here cuz it made me think of my
accent and how people where I live now LOVE to hear me talk.
I have gotten some folks just ask me to repeat things
so they can hear me pronounce my sentences again

I was born and raised in Maine 8 months ago moved
to live near philly.

Totally Country Gal GONE City LOL

I guess I should have started new topic on this

LadyHawk

--
Boots
January 12th, 2005  
DTop

You still can start a new thread. I think it'd be worth it's own thread. Besides you'll get more milbucks for it
January 12th, 2005  
ladyhawk

Quote:
You still can start a new thread. I think it'd be worth it's own thread. Besides you'll get more milbucks for it
**Standing to Attention and Saluting**

Yes, Sir!!

It is done

LadyHawk

January 12th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Right, the yankee thing is true. Non americans use yankee for any american, regardless of the state.
January 12th, 2005  
implicature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
Right, the yankee thing is true. Non americans use yankee for any american, regardless of the state.
sorry ya'll i just had to pop in and say that just ain't cool! i do my best to keep a level head about the whole north and south thing here in GA... i don't have a rebel flag or anything crazy like that but from the fair amount of traveling i do... (i spend about two to three weeks in the north east every year for the last eight years or so)... i really don't want to be called a YANKEE. i don't think that it is derogitory or anything but I think of it as being called a rude inconsiderate being only concerned about myself! I am by no means saying that this is the case with every yankee but from my limited experience the north just ain't the same as the south! just as a for instance everytime i visit VA pal come up to me on the streets and ask me why the %#$@ i am waving and saying hey to ppl as i walk down the street! wtf you can't go 3 feet where i live without someone asking how your day went and jest plain bein nice! no offense taken!
January 12th, 2005  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by implicature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
sorry ya'll i just had to pop in and say that just ain't cool! i do my best to keep a level head about the whole north and south thing here in GA... i don't have a rebel flag or anything crazy like that but from the fair amount of traveling i do... (i spend about two to three weeks in the north east every year for the last eight years or so)... i really don't want to be called a YANKEE. i don't think that it is derogitory or anything but I think of it as being called a rude inconsiderate being only concerned about myself! I am by no means saying that this is the case with every yankee but from my limited experience the north just ain't the same as the south! just as a for instance everytime i visit VA pal come up to me on the streets and ask me why the %#$@ i am waving and saying hey to ppl as i walk down the street! wtf you can't go 3 feet where i live without someone asking how your day went and jest plain bein nice! no offense taken!
VA huh? That's considered the south by most any northerner.
January 12th, 2005  
implicature

Quote:
VA huh? That's considered the south by most any northerner.
hate to break it to ya'll but it ain' by a long shot! i would have to put North Virginia as the new mason dixon line... and even that is pushing it sometimes!
while i do see where your coming from as even the south saw it that way duing the Civil War but i think after visiting it becomes clear that VA no longer keeps the ways of southern hospitality!
January 12th, 2005  
DTop

I hate to break it to you but I wouldn't go to VA looking for a cup of chowdah either. It's true that things are always changing and there is a huge difference between GA and VA (esp. around DC) but the South will always be below the Mason Dixon line and Yankees will always come from north of it. Many people say that Florida is not the south but I wouldn't mistake it for NYC either (except for parts of Tampa maybe). Vive la difference is how I look at it.