Thigh rig to fit Springfield XD?

deerslayer

Milforum Swamp Dweller
I didn't know if this was the right place to put this, but I was wondering if anyone knew any good companies that would sell thigh/leg rigs, and where to find a holster to form-fit a Springfield XD. If this isn't the right place, shoot a PM to me, but I'd appreciate any help.

Safariland makes a good series of thigh rig holsters. I love their 6004 series. I use it all the time. Best part about it is that you can take the holster off and use it for a duty belt rig with just changing the mounting plate. I have four different duty holsters and one thigh rig mount. I just change the holsters for the different guns. Blackhawk also makes a good rig.

Safariland 6004 Series
web%206004-Glock%20with%20M3-Black.JPG

Blackhawk CQC Series
43050_0.jpg

All right, my decision has changed and after seeing which one fit my hand and weighing the fact that I can "piss down the barrel and not have a malfunction" (GLOCK enthusiast buddy's phrase), I've decided to go with the GLOCK 17. My options are pretty much unlimited due to the fact that it's so ubiquitous.

I'd wanted something that i could carry in a thigh rig (backup in case I had to finish off a wounded deer, nutria hunting, backpacking- wanted something that wouldn't be on my pelvis and therefore wouldn't get knocked around climbing a tree stand or working my way through the marsh, etc. etc.) but also use as a USPSA approved holster. Thanks a million, Luis.

If you're going to get a GLOCK for hunting. I suggest the GLOCK Model 20. It's chambered in 10mm Auto. Which is a very popular handgun hunting cartridge.

Not necessarily for hunting, mostly as a competition gun, self-defense pistol, and for finishing off wounded deer or having fun popping nutria. It's not something I'm going to use as a dedicated deer hunting weapon, just something to use so I can avoid shooting it in the head with my rifle to finish it off.

That's what I figured. Besides, 10mm is a little more expensive and as a college student I'm not allowed to buy handgun ammunition, means some of my paycheck is crossing hands to my parents to fund my USPSA shooting. It's a good all-around round, and that's what I'm going for.

Back