Thigh rig to fit Springfield XD?

--

March 7th, 2008  
deerslayer

Topic: Thigh rig to fit Springfield XD?

I didn't know if this was the right place to put this, but I was wondering if anyone knew any good companies that would sell thigh/leg rigs, and where to find a holster to form-fit a Springfield XD. If this isn't the right place, shoot a PM to me, but I'd appreciate any help.
April 19th, 2008  
03USMC

Blackhawk makes one for the XD.
April 25th, 2008  
5.56X45mm

Safariland makes a good series of thigh rig holsters. I love their 6004 series. I use it all the time. Best part about it is that you can take the holster off and use it for a duty belt rig with just changing the mounting plate. I have four different duty holsters and one thigh rig mount. I just change the holsters for the different guns. Blackhawk also makes a good rig.

Safariland 6004 Series

Blackhawk CQC Series
--
April 25th, 2008  
deerslayer

All right, my decision has changed and after seeing which one fit my hand and weighing the fact that I can "piss down the barrel and not have a malfunction" (GLOCK enthusiast buddy's phrase), I've decided to go with the GLOCK 17. My options are pretty much unlimited due to the fact that it's so ubiquitous.

I'd wanted something that i could carry in a thigh rig (backup in case I had to finish off a wounded deer, nutria hunting, backpacking- wanted something that wouldn't be on my pelvis and therefore wouldn't get knocked around climbing a tree stand or working my way through the marsh, etc. etc.) but also use as a USPSA approved holster. Thanks a million, Luis.
April 25th, 2008  
5.56X45mm

If you're going to get a GLOCK for hunting. I suggest the GLOCK Model 20. It's chambered in 10mm Auto. Which is a very popular handgun hunting cartridge.
April 26th, 2008  
deerslayer

Not necessarily for hunting, mostly as a competition gun, self-defense pistol, and for finishing off wounded deer or having fun popping nutria. It's not something I'm going to use as a dedicated deer hunting weapon, just something to use so I can avoid shooting it in the head with my rifle to finish it off.
April 27th, 2008  
5.56X45mm

GLOCK 17 then should do just what you what then...
April 27th, 2008  
deerslayer

That's what I figured. Besides, 10mm is a little more expensive and as a college student I'm not allowed to buy handgun ammunition, means some of my paycheck is crossing hands to my parents to fund my USPSA shooting. It's a good all-around round, and that's what I'm going for.