Theyre at it again!

sven hassell

I dont know if I put this in a correct category,if not I apologise. Im about to tell you a story which to any U.S. citizen will seem unimaginable.
Yesterday I went to my local Army surplus store to purchase an airsoft Aeg and sidearm for my 16 year old son.This was so he could attend one of the exercises I myself attend throughout the year.
I was told "we dont sell them anymore,theyre illegal".Straight away I thought the store owner was mad but upon returning home I checked online and sure enough.AIRSOFT HAS NOW BEEN BANNED IN THE UK!!!!
I really cannot believe this.I am a 37 year old ,law abiding citizen who posseses a firearms licence,sometimes works with the police firearms units and the British army and R.A.F. regiment armourers and i am not allowed to buy a plastic bb gun to use on my own land.
They are at it again.First they took our semi-autos,then our pistols now theyve taken our airsoft and replicas!
Do they really think gun toting gangsters are going to stop machine gunning each other because airsoft weapons sale is now illegal?
A very small amount of people will still be allowed them if they PAY UP TO a registered skirmish organization,but if you dont have one in your area(like myself) or want to run your own exercises on your own land(like myself) or if you want your airsoft for any other reason(I have a disabled friend who wanted one at home to shoot in his yard who is now excluded) then you have NO CHANCE.
Your worst nightmare 5.56?
We're living it!

Hence why I think you should get the hell out of there. I remember you saying awhile back that you were moving to Poland.....

Come on over to the Southern States. Maybe Florida or Georgia. Also the midwest is a great place. Utah or Arizona.

Texas is one of largest airsoft combats by civilians. Come on over.

Can't believe it.....England banned the airsoft? Come on, you ought to kiddin' me.

Hence why I think you should get the hell out of there. I remember you saying awhile back that you were moving to Poland.....

Come on over to the Southern States. Maybe Florida or Georgia. Also the midwest is a great place. Utah or Arizona.
That idea's been shelved for a couple of years as my daugter has just got a place at university.Our education system is the one aspect of society that is better than u.s.
Can anyone give a reason that they might have for banning airsoft? I really can not even comprehend anything that could be achieved.

Banned airsoft. WTF was their reasoning behind this?

(Posted same time as you, thinking on the same lines...)

This is stupid.
I don't understand how slapping more laws and restrictions on regular law abiding folks will change or improve the situation regarding those who break the law anyway. Politicians and lawyers like to go after easy prey to give the impression that they are doing work. I guess "Airsoft illegalization" could look good on their resumes.

In some US states. Airsoft are treated the same as firearms. Also in many European nations. Airsoft is illegal. Same in some Asian nations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_in_airsoft

Basically, England has once again become big brother. The banning of airsoft comes from the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003. Yup, England passed laws against what is "anti-social".

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of pellet shooters they banned, but I do know my friend's uncle who lives in England had an air gun capable of shooting the pellet through two full size phonebooks.

Can anyone give a reason that they might have for banning airsoft? I really can not even comprehend anything that could be achieved.

There is no "good" reason. Read up on it and you'll probably here everything from "airsoft guns can be used to intimidate people" or "they can converted into REAL firearms." And I'm not exaggerating on the latter.

The real reason is that Airsoft can inspire fondness and fascination in real weapons and thus create possible future gun owners. The good folks at your GCN don't like that one bit.

Its for your own good sven.

Last edited:
Back