They lifted the assault weapons ban. Your thoughts?

I am glad the ban is gone. I feel that the ban did little to stop crime. How does taking a bayonet mount, a hand grip and flash suppresser off a AR 15 stop crime? Last time I checked, criminals were not using the bayonet to do their thing.

As long as the crooks dont get their hands on assault rifle with 75 cartridge magazines ill be okay with it.

Washington DC has the strictest gun control laws in the nation and has the highest rate of gun related murders and crimes in the country. Yep, sure glad those gun control laws work.

Jason Bourne said:
Yep they finally lifted the assault weapons ban, you think it's a good thing or a bad thing?

Finally is it gone...it did nothing, just kept good people from getting their toys, while the bad people already had them...

Let's clarify "they" lifted nothing (an active act) "they" let it expire and a new one can take its place at any time.

Thoughts, it remains to be seen if it is good or bad, in the short term it's good but in the long run, if replaced by something more invasive, it may be bad.

Unfortunately some states have AWB's of their own...a bad thing.

Jason Bourne said:
Yep they finally lifted the assault weapons ban, you think it's a good thing or a bad thing?

well.. anyone can have an arsenal of heavy weapons.
Dressed up like the PUNISHER :rambo:

well, you need training to use those weapons effectively.
Else, you can't even shoot an elephant 25 yards away.

The initial reason for the Ban was to keep honest people honest, it did not stop the crimnals as if they wanted a so called "Assualt Waepon" it could be gotten for the right price.

I for one am gald to see it lifted, now I have the choice to own one as before I did not have the choice

SFC

scott.moore said:
Why would you want to own an assualt weapon????

because I can. I love to shoot guns and it is my right to do so. Right now I have a Pennsylvania long rifle, a spring field 1861 and a Mosin-Nagant 91. I am looking at a semi auto M-4 as my next buy.

I wish to purchase an M4 as well... i think it will be a waste of my money though, becuase i am shipping out in 6 months. Which reminds me, does anybody know if how weapon privilages work in the Army? Am i aloud to purchase my own Rifle, or am i assigned one? I would like to be able to bring mine home with me once i'm out. Please PM me with the answer, i don't want to change the subject of this thread.

Back