Which of these tanks can perform the best?

From what I see, when Russians call their Aircraft stuff like Su-30MKI or MiG-29OVT it means its a modernised/export version of it. Thats why they call the others Su-33/34 and MiG-35 etc etc [Though NATO labels them stuff like Fulcrum-E and similar]

Doesn't answer my question though or the point.
I can totally understand a designation like MiG-29OVT. But giving it a higher numerical designation while it's clearly still the same model of aircraft with some changes/upgrades in its design is kinda silly.

Doesn't answer my question though or the point.
I can totally understand a designation like MiG-29OVT. But giving it a higher numerical designation while it's clearly still the same model of aircraft with some changes/upgrades in its design is kinda silly.

Well, I guess they are just simply different compared to the USA when it comes to designation.

I mean, if all their models, instead of having a different numerical designation had that crap, we would have a hundred planes called:

Su-27MKI
Su-27MKA
Su-27VPS
Su-27ZPA

etc etc etc.

I find it pretty simple to understand which is which and what is what.

I remember when I had to search up what the MKI ment after Su-30, then when I found out I had to use google translate.

I prefer the way it is now, to be honest. Much easier to tell which one is which.

Just say "Hey check it out Su-34" and everyone knows what it is, instead of saying "Hey Look everyone a Su-27 Multi Funkcionalniya Bombardaski Avionski [Or something along those lines]"

If you want, Just label them "Fulcrum-E" "Fulcrum-D" or "Flanker-f" etc etc.

Nato has names for them, you know. Just most know them by the "Su-33/34/35" [Su-35 is just beautiful] than the NATO designations.

Yeah I suppose, but I feel that it has more to do with marketing strategies than anything else.
The Russians never did this to their hardware before when they were actually pumping out the designs they had on the drawing boards and put them on the runway in numbers that mattered.
MiG-21, MiG-23, MiG-25, MiG-27... all different. MiG-23 and MiG-27 were related but still different enough.

Crap we've gone off topic.

Yeah I suppose, but I feel that it has more to do with marketing strategies than anything else.
The Russians never did this to their hardware before when they were actually pumping out the designs they had on the drawing boards and put them on the runway in numbers that mattered.
MiG-21, MiG-23, MiG-25, MiG-27... all different. MiG-23 and MiG-27 were related but still different enough.

Crap we've gone off topic.

No, we havent gone off topic. We EPICLY went off topic.

Tom Tom will be after our blood, mind you.

Anyways, before he kills us both:

Yes, it is probably marketing strategy, or maybe they just got brain damage from Capitalism and excess of vodka.

Thats some strong stuff, I wouldnt be surprised if they fueled their MiG's with vodka :p

No, we fuel our M-84's on rakija instead.

Bosnians were soooo early 90's, get with the times!

And ofc. neither was the pisswasser.

Yes, but im assuming that the Russians do not have such superior technolgoy as to build a tank 20 tonns lighter and yet at the same level of protection.

I can agree with you but they have no choice at all !
Russian terrain doesn't allowing them to have a heavy weight tanks .
they will easely stuck .

and they still have Arena and Shtora .. so I think a protection of them is acceptable

I can agree with you but they have no choice at all !
Russian terrain doesn't allowing them to have a heavy weight tanks .
they will easely stuck .

and they still have Arena and Shtora .. so I think a protection of them is acceptable
It doesnt matter, frontally the tank is protected equally to the western designs, its lacking in read and sides but thats much less important.

Its optics and gun are just as good, also Russian terrain does allow them heavy tanks, Russian budget does not, they have a rotting mountain of equipment to maintain.

Also they dont really need them, a T-80U is still an extremely challenging opponent to the modern tanks and they got LOTS of those, they can afford a ratio of 2-1 or 3-1 no problem.

Back