therise21 aka matt

therise21

hello one and all. i stumbled across this forum while searching for info about joining up. i would like to join up, probably to the army, after i get my 2 yr college degree. i am an accounting major, and am pretty close to finishing(one or two more semesters). i would like to join airborne, but have read some things about it being difficult to get into. i currently live at home, and am 23 yrs old. my dad drove tanks in vietnam, i think around an khe, and died several yrs ago. nice to meet all of you,
Matt

Welcome to the forums Matt. Good for you for choosing the Army, I'm sure your Dad would have been proud. When was your father in 'Nam?

Welcome to the forums Matt. :)

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about Army/Military service in here, I'm sure some of us may be able to answer you...

i was recently looking through some of my dads old army stuff and came across some new info. his unit was the 1st squadron, 10th Cavalry, 4th infantry division. his tour was from may 69-70, in the central highlands. he recieved an army commendation medal "while serving as a radio telephone operator". his combat infantryman badge is signed by William Moran LTC Armor. just thought i would update this.

Back