Is there really no military persons with U or Q names??

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
Is there really no military related persons with a last name begining with U or Q??

I have no quotes on the U and Q pages... :?

20, no 30 MilBucks, to the first one who finds a good quote for one of those pages! :D

Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin.
-Muhammar Qaddafi

The essence of a general's job is to assist in developing a clear sense of purpose to keep the junk from getting in the way of important things.
-Lt Gen Walter F. Ulmer

Yeeha :cowb:

Spelled both ways, actually. I have no idea how that works, but our spell checkers over here accept both Qaddafi and Kaddafi as being correct.

Redneck said:
Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin.
-Muhammar Qaddafi

The essence of a general's job is to assist in developing a clear sense of purpose to keep the junk from getting in the way of important things.
-Lt Gen Walter F. Ulmer

Dang!!
I have Qaddafi on the site, in the Funny Quotes section..
But I forgot about checking there... :oops:

Who is Ulmer??

Re: since when is

sherman105 said:
isent it Kaddafi?

A dear child has many names... :D
(or something like that....)

Also spelled:

Muammar Gadafi
Moamar Gaddafi
Moamar al-Gaddafi
Mo'ammar Gadhafi
Mo'ammar el-Gadhafi
Muammar Ghadafi
Muammar Ghaddafi
Muammar Ghaddafy
Muammar Gheddafi
Mu'amar al-Kadafi
Muammar Kaddafi
Muammar Kaddafi
Muamar Al-Kaddafi
Moamar El Kadhafi
Moammar El Kadhafi
Moamer El Kazzafi
Moammar Khadafy
Muammar Khaddafi
Muammar al-Khaddafi
Mu'ammar Qadafi
Mu'ammar al-Qadafi
Muammar Qaddafi
Mu'ammar al-Qaddafi
Muammar Qadhafi
M. A. Mu'ammar M. A. M. al-Qadhafi (*)
Muammar al-Qadhafi
Mu'ammar Qadhdhafi
Mu'ammar al-Qadhdhafi
Mu'ammar Al Qathafi
Muammar Al Qathafi
Muammar Quathafi
Moammar Qudhafi

But his real name is:
Mulazim Awwal Mu'ammar Muhammed Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi

The variations exist because of a number of non-English sounds in the name, and the existence of various transcription methods from Arabic.

The question is:
Does it fit under A or Q???
Hm, I don't know if you deserves those MilBucks yet Redneck.. :wink:

Ohhhhh, I'm soooo good! 8)

Haha, poor kid, can you imagine the little stinker in school during roll-call? It'd take half an hour. :lol:

Hm.
I have also discovered a new quote by him.

"Irrespective of the conflict with America, it is a human duty to show sympathy with the American people and be with them at these horrifying and awesome events which are bound to awaken human conscience." -- 11 September 2001

From: Mulazim Awwal Mu'ammar Muhammed Abu Minyar al-Qadhafi :D

Coming from a guy who ordered the bombing of a civilian airliner...

And about whether it counts, that's why I put in the Jiang Qin quote.
Arrrr! Covering all the bases.

Paper Tiger MR Gheddafi

We spelled it Muammar Gheddafi here in italy. was thinking that guy really shitted his pants when he saw what was happening to Saddam. And by shitting his pants off he decided he'd better make friends with BIG SATAN BAD GUY MR WHITE HOUSE... power of diplomacy uh ? Lol

:lol:

Nothin like a little "shock and awe" to get your point across, eh? :lol:

Watch the language there, Italianguy ;) (by the way, even though I know this is off-topic (sorry guys), what part of Italy are you from? I was just over there a year or so ago, pretty country.).

lol

lol,
We spelled it Muammar Gheddafi here in italy. was thinking that guy really shitted his pants when he saw what was happening to Saddam. And by shitting his pants off he decided he'd better make friends with BIG SATAN BAD GUY MR WHITE HOUSE... power of diplomacy uh ? Lol

That is true, but watch the langauge, also note that "big satan" is a term used by fundmentalists, not by natinalists....Funny thing about Kadaffi, he has a completey female security force guarding him...

I'm such a rude guy.

Yes sorry about that, let's say Iraqi example just scared him to death then. We all know he was caught in a mortal grasp between the Staes and the fundamentalists, so he just chose the former.
I was born in Sardinia ( the western island ) but moved to the North 5 yrs ago to study. Ever heard of Bologna? where were you at instead?

I was in Roma, spent a couple days in Firenze, too, beautiful city (with some beautiful women ;) ).

Uh, kind of hate to bring this guy's name up (especially to you) and I seriously doubt you'd want to quote him, but Quisling was a Norwegian major wasn't he?

As for "U" the British commander of the 1st Airborne at Arnhem during Operation Market Garden was named Major General Robert 'Roy' Urquhart.
You can read quite a bit about him here:

http://www.arnhemarchive.org/roy_urquhart.htm

BTW, while looking up that part I found an excellent site regarding Operation Market Garden here:

http://www.rememberseptember44.com/

Very nicely done.

Quisling... :evil:
I did (of course) know about him, but I haven't found a qoute from him thats' worthy of being put on the site yet...
Did you know that he was actually top of his class both at the Sergeant School (Field Artillery. Not something we're very proud of by the way :evil: ..) and the Officers School for the Army....

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out and see f I can find any good quotes in there. :D

Ack, no I didn't know that about Quisling. Well our own most famous traitor, Benedict Arnold, was the most able general we had at the start of the American War of Independance. He won our first victory at the battle of Saratoga, without which we never would have garnered support from France and been able to defeat the British. He was rather arrogant of his abilities however and that's what led to his switching sides to the British. Once he did their bidding he was ignored by them. Interesting that both Quisling and Benedict Arnold have had their very names become synonyms for "traitor". You can't be more scurilous than that.

Yes, Quisling is still quite commonly used as a synonym for Traitor here..

Back