Are there pilots among us?

--

July 27th, 2006  
Yossarian

Topic: Are there pilots among us?

This question comes me seeing all the military personel on this site.Its neat but I cant quit figure out whos who.What I m saying is ,are there pilots among us!?All Im asking if there are ANY pilots out there to speak up! I love military avaiton as a civilian.And I dont care what kind of pilot you are let be Fighter,naval aviator,tanker pilot,C130 ,to me none of that matters.You guys all due your jobs very well,even for you guys in other contries,UK,Finland,NATO.I just want to see how many of you Flyboys are on this site.And if you can ,if it doesnt conflict with any of the rules, post a pic of your squadron,or group's patch,if you can.One more thing if there are any Vet or Ret pilots Id like to hear from you to.
July 27th, 2006  
istealfreefood

well, Im a pilot, but not in the military. Im not even old enough to have my license. I can only solo so far, but i should get my license pretty soon. I mainly fly a Piper Archer, but my dad has been flying since he went to law school and has a Baron 58P. It costs too much for us to have now until his company brings in some money, so we are trying to sell it. however, we are building a biplane that should be done in hopefully less than a year. its getting pretty close.
July 27th, 2006  
Yossarian

That bi plane sound pretty cool!Its a custom?Theres not many people that have the pataince to make their own airplane!Hopefully I still be this site when you finish,let me know how it goes!
--
July 28th, 2006  
AFSteliga

Naval Ops Officer (in training), with my Private Pilots Licence and Glider Pilots Licence. Only flown the SGS-2-33A Glider and C172 (land and float)
July 28th, 2006  
Yossarian

Well still you piloted something thats what Im looking for.
July 29th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Does 45 minutes of stick time in a T-34C trainer count?

*sigh* I really should have stayed in Navy ROTC and gone into the NFO pipeline (don't have the vision for Naval Aviator). I was one of the top three midshipmen in my class, I probably had a very good chance of getting in.
July 29th, 2006  
Yossarian

Yep it counts,your WHERE piloting that aircraft,so I suppose it should count,sorry u could not make into the Naval Airforce in the USN.
July 29th, 2006  
AJChenMPH

Well, sort of -- I was in the backseat while my instructor pilot (a Marine Captain) flew up front. I did get to drive from the backseat, though, and even did a touch-and-go.

By the way, what's with your infatuation with the Sundowners? My NROTC commander was a former F-14 pilot, started with VF-2 (it might have been VF-1) and went on to become XO (and subsequently skipper) of VF-41. My freshman year NROTC advisor was a former F-14 RIO, was a mission commander during OP DESERT SHIELD with VF-142.
July 30th, 2006  
Yossarian

I simply like the VF111,Its the squadron That I know the most about,and everbody has to have favorites,right?8)
July 31st, 2006  
phoenix80

I served in the air force though