Are there pilots among us?

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
:avi: This question comes me seeing all the military personel on this site.Its neat but I cant quit figure out whos who.What I m saying is ,are there pilots among us!?All Im asking if there are ANY pilots out there to speak up! I love military avaiton as a civilian.And I dont care what kind of pilot you are let be Fighter,naval aviator,tanker pilot,C130 ,to me none of that matters.You guys all due your jobs very well,even for you guys in other contries,UK,Finland,NATO.I just want to see how many of you Flyboys are on this site.And if you can ,if it doesnt conflict with any of the rules, post a pic of your squadron,or group's patch,if you can.One more thing if there are any Vet or Ret pilots Id like to hear from you to.

well, Im a pilot, but not in the military. Im not even old enough to have my license. I can only solo so far, but i should get my license pretty soon. I mainly fly a Piper Archer, but my dad has been flying since he went to law school and has a Baron 58P. It costs too much for us to have now until his company brings in some money, so we are trying to sell it. however, we are building a biplane that should be done in hopefully less than a year. its getting pretty close.

That bi plane sound pretty cool!Its a custom?Theres not many people that have the pataince to make their own airplane!Hopefully I still be this site when you finish,let me know how it goes!

Naval Ops Officer (in training), with my Private Pilots Licence and Glider Pilots Licence. Only flown the SGS-2-33A Glider and C172 (land and float)

Does 45 minutes of stick time in a T-34C trainer count? ;)

*sigh* I really should have stayed in Navy ROTC and gone into the NFO pipeline (don't have the vision for Naval Aviator). I was one of the top three midshipmen in my class, I probably had a very good chance of getting in.

Yep it counts,your WHERE piloting that aircraft,so I suppose it should count,sorry u could not make into the Naval Airforce in the USN.

Well, sort of -- I was in the backseat while my instructor pilot (a Marine Captain) flew up front. I did get to drive from the backseat, though, and even did a touch-and-go.

By the way, what's with your infatuation with the Sundowners? My NROTC commander was a former F-14 pilot, started with VF-2 (it might have been VF-1) and went on to become XO (and subsequently skipper) of VF-41. My freshman year NROTC advisor was a former F-14 RIO, was a mission commander during OP DESERT SHIELD with VF-142.

I simply like the VF111,Its the squadron That I know the most about,and everbody has to have favorites,right?8)

What did you do in the Air Force?Really Im interested.

My Brother is in the USAF,but he is training for base secruity,not being a pilot.

Oh and to Standford,Holy crap that counts!Your truely a good flyer to fly all thos aircraft!You could make any piloting position in any military airbranch almost,well maybe not Night Hawk or Spirit,nor the Space Shuttle,but still you could probly hit the books and and be a good military for the military of any nation.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, Phoenix80 served in the Iranian Air Force prior to moving to Canada. I'm more fuzzy on what he did -- F-14 technician or something like that?

Being able to fly a plane and being able to fly a tactical jet are two different things. The fact is that, despite it being the first time I ever had controlled a real plane, I flew the T-34C well enough from the back seat that my instructor pilot had no problem with me entering the touch-n'-go pattern and landing one of my own. By no means, is that any indicator that I'd have flown an F-14 or an F/A-18 (or for that matter, the TA-4 that's used in advanced jet training) well enough to qualify as a carrier pilot.

From what I've read, the actual skill needed to fly a Spirit or Nighthawk isn't particularly high -- the planes' computers take all the edge off flying the plane, and since they're stealth, fly at night, and generally aren't spotted on the way into and out of the target, not a lot of "yanking and banking" is needed. What you need more of is an ability to multi-task in the cockpit, have a cool head, and simply be reliable as a person.

You'll understand more of this as you get older. ;)

Im an aero eng still at school so not flying commercially yet. Have some hours but on fixed wing. Wanna fly rotary. Starting flight school (for rotary) in September. Going to get my licenses then decide wheither I want to go military or not.

Sukio said:

Hey and Sukio...some of us are flygirls :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I simply asked if any one has ever flwon,ANY aircraft,I know its hard flying tatical fighters,multiroles or attackers.It takes training,skill and confidence in yourself,you aircraft,your ground crew,and your cause.Without these aspects you are as good as meat on the modern battle "Field"or should I say, skies of today.

I looking for some one who has flown,any aircraft!For any branch of military or private,or civialian.Im not expecting a bunch of hot shot top gun like fihghter pilots to come forth on this,I was looking for the pilots of all backgrounds,I know its tough trying to conquer the skies,but different people fly in different ways,and I wanted to seek that!;-)

Oh and deer slayer,if you controled it to the point of piloting the craft,then heck yea that counts!

Well, maybe you are aware of what it takes to fly tactical aircraft, but your previous post didn't sound like it:
Sukio said:
Oh and to Standford,Holy crap that counts!Your truely a good flyer to fly all thos aircraft!You could make any piloting position in any military airbranch almost,well maybe not Night Hawk or Spirit,nor the Space Shuttle,but still you could probly hit the books and and be a good military for the military of any nation.
So I stand corrected. :)

Back