Is there anyone who can help me ?

Commence Firing is a command usually given to a group. To begin firing.

Fire is a command given by the commander or section chief of a specific tank or artillery piece to fire.

Italian Guy all I can say is :lol:

And all I can reply is ;) ( How bout a trip down to Copacabana Beach, sir?) - chicks downthere desperately need some.. uhm.. advice on terminology 8)

Italian Guy said:
And all I can reply is ;) ( How bout a trip down to Copacabana Beach, sir?) - chicks downthere desperately need some.. uhm.. advice on terminology 8)

Love to but Household Six wouldn't find it at all amusing. :lol:

tut tut

OI USMC AND ITALIAN STALLION have a cold shower n stop your hormones!!!!!

Poor lass wants info not a male blood bath :rambo:

Thanks 03USMC !! :D
Hey, italian guy , sounds like YOU are the one who needs desperately for a lady!!! :lol:

Don't worry ,Anya1982 , I am really used to guys with latin blood. He happens to sound just like the brasilian guys! :lol:

No Roberta I got one already and we're doing pretty good together. Five years already, go figure.
Roberta was the name of the girl I first dated. We were 5 years old and she hooked me up for first.

Italian guy , you were really a precocious kiddo! :D
Well, guys thanks again for helping me out with these military codes and expressions!
I will leave this Forum now, but I am really thankful for your attention!
Hugs, and good luck to all! :) :) :)

Humm, I wonder where my last post is??? :(
Well guys, sorry if I gave you the impression that I just wanted to use you !
:oops:
I am really thankful for your attention and help! :)
It's just that since I am a civilian, I don't think I have anything interesting to say about the military subject.
Maybe you guys can tell me something about your military career , you know , your experience , the fears, the challenges , etc. I like to learn about new topics and subjects! ;)

DISMOUNT: to leave a vehicle/peice of equipment

NEUTRAL STEER: When a vehicle turns at a rate exactly proportional to the rate at which the steering wheel is turned, it is said to have neutral steering

BUTTON UP: To latch down all the hatches in an armored vehicle to the crew is totally enclosed

UNBUTTON: The opposite

ASSEMBLE: to gather

QUICK TIME: in drill and ceremonies, 120 steps per minute...slang use-to do it quickly "I want this latrine cleaned quick-time"!

COIL : a part of an antenna, usualy at the base. OR the act of gathering a rope into a cirlced stack

STAGGERED COLUMN: The staggered column is used for rapid movement across open terrain. It affords all-round observation and fields of fire. The elements of the section are staggered to each side of the center line of the direction of march. Example:

HERRINGBONE: A deployment method used for vehicles where the vehicles turn off the road to approximately a 45 degree angle away from the line of march with the vehicle noses pointing outward. The vehicles turn away from the centerline in a staggered formation (see above) so that every other vehicle turns one direction and the other group turns the opposite direction.

CONTACT RIGHT OR LEFT: When an element encounters contact with the enemy but is not neccesarily engaged.

ACTION LEFT OR RIGHT: When an element acts in a direction...the element does not need to be in contact. Example: if a lead element is engaged ahead and right, they may take cover and lay down fires, and a trail element may then do an "action right" to move to a flank and engage the enemy.

HEAD COUNT: how many personnel are there? what was the head count for lunch today? what is your company head count? whats the head count in theater?

RADIOTELEPHONE: A tactical radio

ooops...the staggered column didn't turn out....that's a column...

staggered is

Actually, a typical US infantry squad is 10 men. PL, medic, 2 four-man fire teams..although I don't know if that has changed with the advent of the Stryker.

Staggered column is mostly used to describe mounted movement...mostly because there are many more mounted elements than there are dismounted. Any leader of any type of element with vehicles is taught the basic movement formations.

Back