Is there anybody(else)from your familly who was in army??

View Poll Results :Who,of yours was in the army before you??
Father 3 10.71%
Father,grand father 9 32.14%
garnd father 7 25.00%
grand grand father 0 0%
other(please specify) 9 32.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 12th, 2004  
Marksman

Topic: Is there anybody(else)from your familly who was in army??

I wonder how many of you had parents or grand parents in army,all of my grand fathers,grand grand fathers etc. were in the army.so what do you say??
May 12th, 2004  
Redneck

Every male member of my family for the past several generations (definite to great-grandfathers) has been in the service, aside from my brother, who got rejected by both the Air Force Academy and the Army due to childhood asthma (strange, doesn't hold him back as a professional firefighter ).
My paternal Grandmother has an old photo from WWI of a cavalry troop, and about half of the the troopers are related to me in some way .

Going back even further, my ancestors fought each other in the Civil War (mainly Missourrians vs. mainly Pennsylvanians), and my several-times-great Grandfather was Ol' Rough and Ready himself, General (and later President) Zachary Taylor.
May 12th, 2004  
Marksman

Sorry,about your brother.On my male side my G G father fought Three wars I and II balkan wars WWI,my grand father fought In WWII.Before this guys there were people who fought wars long time ago before USA was even made,but thats a diferent story
--
Boots
May 12th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Thats a non sequitur if I've ever one Redneck.

My father and grandfather were both in the service. My dad got drafted during Vietnam (never went), and my grandfather was a WWI vet, now thats an interesting story.

In a nutshell, he joined the Turkish army during WWI to avoid being murdered. He was born in Turkey (though not a Turk, an Armenian). During the Armenian genocide (late late 19 century, early 20th century), he miraculously escaped several times, once crawling between the legs of a Turkish guard with a scimitar, another crawling across the dessert, having to get to the city before the Turkish guard he bribed with a gold coin. At Adana, he called out to the British in english, and they pulled him up on a lorry. At some point, he was a tailor in the Turkish army, to avoid being murdered. My father is currently preparing his father's autobiography for publishing.

All my uncles were in the Army, one was a Korea vet.

Right now my brother is in the Army, in Korea.

I don't know about my mother's side of the family, as she immigrated (legally, never has she been on welfare and has always had a job. Just wanted to put that out there) from Nicaragua some years ago. I do know there was some armed conflict her family participated in, thought I do not know any details.

Adendum: Just wanted to add my grandfather was in WWI, and I'm 14. He would be 109 if he were still alive. He died before I was born sadly. He was born in 1895.
I think thats everyone.
May 12th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
Thats a non sequitur if I've ever one Redneck.
How's that, now?
May 12th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

A fireman with asthma severe enough to keep him out of the service?? Now thats perseverence. Thats like saying someone is allergic to food so he couldn't get a job in a supermarket, so instead he became a cook in a resturant.
May 12th, 2004  
Marksman

Ridles wisdomy 8)
May 12th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
A fireman with asthma severe enough to keep him out of the service?? Now thats perseverence. Thats like saying someone is allergic to food so he couldn't get a job in a supermarket, so instead he became a cook in a resturant.
Ok, gotcha (although I'd call that more of an irony ).

Sorry, Marksman, back on topic.....
May 12th, 2004  
Marksman

Not a problem Redneck one,may the force be with you!!
May 12th, 2004  
AlexKall

My dads father, my mothers father, my dad, my brother and so on.
I'll be the first not to do it