That's me

Bratwurst

I am not serving in the military and never will. After fighting two years in Vietnam as an Airbourne Ranger, my father would have probably beaten me to a pulp, if ever I had mentioned the thought of joining. His country was proud of him. He wasn't. He gave me his medals to play with. It was he who made it clear to me, that military may well be important and that serving to defend what you hold dear is a noble thing, but that a soldier must never forget his moral obligations. - He does not deal in groceries but in the taking of human life. It is vital that he understands why he is fighting in order to live on after the killing.

It was also due to my father that I have, be it distant as it may, a strong interest for the military, which is one of the reasons why I came here. My prime interest, however, is to find out how active soldiers feel about their service in Iraq and how they feel about future "engagements on terror". This results out of the fact that the resentment of Americans and especially the American military is growing worldwide. :?

Some personal data:

I live in Germany, after studying Physics I am currently studying Technical Biology. And although I would be able to produce WMDs - I don't have any, so don't shoot! :D

I hope I'm welcome...

Cheers
Sven

Back