Thanking Hollywood for "4 more years"

Duty Honor Country

Here is a topic to start things off.

It seems the right is thumbing their noses at Hollywood.

BillboardA.jpg

BillboardB.jpg

ARTICLE

I saw these on the news and found picts of them on the web. There are actual billboards. With everything that Hollywood did to bash Bush, I find these to be more than amusing.

Anyone wish to comment?? As always, I will put a quick stop to flaming on any level.

SGT Doody

Well hey. Given credit where credits due. Can't fault the Right for that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thought you guys might like this...saw it on a car here in NZ;

14704112_F_store.jpg

thought it was particularly funny cause bush ISN'T our president!
:p

You gotta give credit where it really is due. Michael Moore probably clinched the victory for George W, thanks to his ... creative retelling of events and obnoxious propagandist psychobabble that constituted Farenheit 9/11.

American hate being deceived and they absolutely hate propaganda. Only a staunch Democrat could have actually believed that movie was telling it straight.

I don't think it's fair to say a staunch Democrat. I'd just say a staunch hater of Bush.
What surprised me most was that the usually articulate and pretty intelligent Europeans ate the Farenheit 9/11 stuff like candy.

It's silly because he's not a maker of real documentary. A documentary is a SCHOLARLY piece. It's like an essay put on tape, driven by visuals. It's not supposed to be emotionally stirring.
Agh. whatever.

it was a film....not a documentary. hopefully it spured people to look for facts themselves (i know i did) alot of moore's info is off, but close enough so you can find the real truth

he makes broad strokes...and many points i think are valid

It you can sit through Farenheit 9/11 then unless you are incapable of thinking for yourself, you can sit through Farenhype 9/11 to get the counterpoint. If forcing yourself to watch the counterpoint (issue by issue) is completely unbearable, you're probably a great sucker for propaganda that tells you what you want to hear. Hitler was great at telling people what they wanted to hear. You might consider learning to broaden your mind and think for yourself.

Obviously, the truth rests between the two point of views, but in all honesty Farenheit 9/11 rewrote or ignored some very obvious facts. Frankly Farenhype 9/11 relies on some statements by some hardcore conservatives, but that makes it no different than Moores work.

Influential figures in television does not neccesarily mean they are hollywood types. Anything that tries to exert any sort of direct political message through film is not Hollywood material. We often forget that Hollywood's primary goals is to make profit through motion picture entertainment, not through political messages. But when specifying to 9/11 Fahrenheit...Is it really hollywood?

No, Hollywood SHOULD stick to making money but recently it has gotten VERY political.

The movie 'Runaway Jury' spent more time talking about how evil guns are than it did about its plot. 'They Day After Tomorrow' has an entire scene at the end where a dick-cheney looking guy says "We should have listened about global warming when we still could."

There is a history of Hollywood where whenever there is a political question the good guy is ALWAYS a democrat and the bad guy is ALWAYS a republican. (The Contender)

It's because the republicans are easy tp get away with making fun of, make fun of a Democrat and the will have a lawsuit and everything else you can imagine going after you.\

Also F-9/11 actualy is the Largest grossing Documentry of all time at like 116 million, it beat out the 16 million mark which was also held by more. I have the F-911 DVD and I must say the movie has some very good point it makes however it does possess a few flaws, however the extra stuff thatwas added to the DVD is good :D .

However rumor has it he is doing a new film to exspose the problems in the Health Care system.

and I agree, "The Day After Tommorow" did seem to have a Bush looking President and a Cheney looking Vice-President on it. But this was also the movie that had Americans illegaly crossing into Mexico, so no biggie.

the_13th_redneck said:
Hey, you can't sell COMPLETE removed
Obviously the true bits that back his arguments will be included.

watch the language!!!!

well, the movie did sell over $100 million. As for the movie, I will watch when I can get a rental for one of those $0.99 rental deals

THE LEFT STRIKES BACK!!!!!!

billboard_van.jpg

does this mean since I support Bush that I eny Hitler???? Somehow I do not think Bush supports neo nazi values :?

Whispering Death said:
No, Hollywood SHOULD stick to making money but recently it has gotten VERY political.

The movie 'Runaway Jury' spent more time talking about how evil guns are than it did about its plot. 'They Day After Tomorrow' has an entire scene at the end where a dick-cheney looking guy says "We should have listened about global warming when we still could."

There is a history of Hollywood where whenever there is a political question the good guy is ALWAYS a democrat and the bad guy is ALWAYS a republican. (The Contender)

both have very good points however. audiences here cheered when in day after tomorrow, mexico only let the US refugees cross the border after all third world debt had been writen off

Oops about language but just saying, there's gotta be at least a bunch of half truths in the Michael Moore film for people believe it.

Back