"Thank You" button!

phoenix80

Banned
What I have seen in other vBulletin forums is that there are "Appreciation" buttons for every and each post in the forums's threads. Meaning that if you like one's posts you can simply click on "Thank You" button and appreciate the poster and the post.

This is different that than the "rep" thingy we have here.

Now, I'm wondering if we could have the same thing here.

Hm, haven't seen that one myself but I'll check and see if I can find that mod.
Sounds like something like a rep system, except that you can only give positive rep here??

Hm, haven't seen that one myself but I'll check and see if I can find that mod.
Sounds like something like a rep system, except that you can only give positive rep here??

Yes and that you know who gave it away. It is visible to others and to those who would give that

The thank you button can't be used in a bad way, it only does a + to the post. And thats right people can see it. I have seen it used in many forums and I see no way of it being abused, and if you wish to remove your thanks at any stage you can.

But how is it any different to what we already have (well for those of us who are doing the good only method)?

The thank you button can't be used in a bad way, it only does a + to the post. And thats right people can see it. I have seen it used in many forums and I see no way of it being abused, and if you wish to remove your thanks at any stage you can.

That's right... :salute2:

But how is it any different to what we already have (well for those of us who are doing the good only method)?

It just publicly says it really would be the only difference. Also with Reps Redleg can turn off the bad reps.

I think the thank you system is nice in that members not exactly what they are getting thanked for and by whom.

But the reps good, because you can send a message with the point as well.

Down side to the thankyou post is that it can take up alot of space on the page. If you have 20 people thanking you for one post, and they are all named can create a lot of space on the server.

Smaller forums its ok, I am not sure about this one.

Down side to the thankyou post is that it can take up alot of space on the page. If you have 20 people thanking you for one post, and they are all named can create a lot of space on the server.
That's my concern as well after reading more about this mod...
(not the server space, but the space on the pages..)

That's my concern as well after reading more about this mod...
(not the server space, but the space on the pages..)

True then again I wonder how many people would use it?

Anyway heres a screen shot of one forum I belong too, I just thanked the post so you can see it.

Attachments

• thanks.jpg
    thanks.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 5
I think I'll put this one on hold for now, but I got something new for you that will be implemented real soon that I'm quite sure you'll be very happy to see in here.. :D

I think I'll put this one on hold for now, but I got something new for you that will be implemented real soon that I'm quite sure you'll be very happy to see in here.. :D

PX ...PX... PX... PX ...
PX ...PX... PX... PX ...
PX ...PX... PX... PX ...
PX ...PX... PX... PX ...
PX ...PX... PX... PX ...

i've seen it....pointless spam IMHO

automatically named rep?

Back