Texas wants out

I give it about a week after they secede before they coming crawling back...

Right after they realise no more Federal money of any kind and state income taxes go up 700%.

Actually Texas can survive on its own it has the world's 14th largest economy.

Last edited:
Actually Texas can survive on its own it has the world's 14th largest economy.

Just because Texas has a large economy doesn't mean they are fiscally independent.
''In fiscal 2009, the IRS collected about $163 billion from Texans and the state received about $224 billion, for a net gain of $61 billion''.

If they lost Federal support, The state taxes would simply explode to make up the shortfall.

They wouldn't last a week.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/sta...host-rachel-maddow-says-texas-routinely-rece/

Last edited:
In all honesty I don't think they seriously want out of the union, they are making some kind of statement. Someone suspected voter fraud.

In all honesty I don't think they seriously want out of the union, they are making some kind of statement. Someone suspected voter fraud.

True.

It was because Texas Governor Rick Perry mentioned Texas secession to score cheap political points with the extreme elements of his party... just before he announced his candidacy for President. (They didn't see the hypocrisy, supports Texas secession then run for U.S President).

However a few people think that he was actually serious. I seriously doubt Perry did.

Last edited:
I was reading somewhere that a town got 100% Democrat vote, so voter fraud is suspected. Found it, it was on Facebook:-

PATRIOTS....I would like to suggest that the folks living in or around the 59 Precincts of PA and 9 in OHIO... start looking for 10 people who voted Republican. Those precincts showed up as 100% ( 19,500+ Votes ) voting for Hussein. This is impossible.

We need 10 Sworn affidavits from 10 Republican voters that they voted in those precincts. If we can get that ... then that is grounds for alleging Voter Fraud. Then we can demand a RE VOTE... and remove Hussein!!

I was reading somewhere that a town got 100% Democrat vote, so voter fraud is suspected. Found it, it was on Facebook:-

PATRIOTS....I would like to suggest that the folks living in or around the 59 Precincts of PA and 9 in OHIO... start looking for 10 people who voted Republican. Those precincts showed up as 100% ( 19,500+ Votes ) voting for Hussein. This is impossible.

We need 10 Sworn affidavits from 10 Republican voters that they voted in those precincts. If we can get that ... then that is grounds for alleging Voter Fraud. Then we can demand a RE VOTE... and remove Hussein!!

I wouldn't trust anything stated on Facebook, its full of wild conspiracy theories. As you stated 100% is simply an impossible figure, and if the democrats really were cheating they'd be much smarter than to use such an obvious lie. If there was a precinct with 100% of the vote in a state like Ohio, the Romney campaign would have been all over it if it were true.

You can only cheat on elections (and expect not to get caught) if the result is close (couple of hundred votes at the most, over that its too suspicious). Obama won by 2 million votes. Its simply impossible to cheat with a 2 million vote spread.

There were polling precints in OH & PA that went 100 or 99% for Obama. A Law got passed that any petition to the Fed Govt that has 25,000 sigs has to be replied to by the Govt. In this case Obama will say NO!, end of story. It should be noted that these are citizens petitions, not from the State Govts.

I don't know how I would find myself in a disunified nation.

Especially growing up around many of the battlefields from last time that occured.

Voter fraud is rife here in South Africa, during one election the ANC got 180% of the vote, that's to say they had 80% more votes then the number of people allowed to vote.

I doubt it Lee, I reckon they are making some sort of statement, quite what that statement is I'm not completely sure, could be they aren't happy with Obama being back in the White House

:It's ok the US Supreme Court ruled succession unconstitutional shortly before the civil war so we won't need to worry bout them petitions :wink: ...Although there are some amusing counter petitions of some Texas cities threatening succede from Texas if Texas does leave the union.

Last edited:
I wouldn't trust anything stated on Facebook, its full of wild conspiracy theories. As you stated 100% is simply an impossible figure, and if the democrats really were cheating they'd be much smarter than to use such an obvious lie. If there was a precinct with 100% of the vote in a state like Ohio, the Romney campaign would have been all over it if it were true.

You can only cheat on elections (and expect not to get caught) if the result is close (couple of hundred votes at the most, over that its too suspicious). Obama won by 2 million votes. Its simply impossible to cheat with a 2 million vote spread.

Look at Putin, he knows how to do it.

Back