Texas Secede?

It's one of those hare brained ideas that arise from time to time. Every few years some clown here in Australia comes up with a similar idea for one state or another to secede.

You don't have to look hard to see how impracticable it would be.

Who knows, with the likes of Texas and California they could actually pull it off.
But then again, if the US took them for enemies it wouldn't be hard to start an embargo until they capitulated.

This is just talk. Of course, if they actually tried that it'd be one of the stupidest things they could do.

I personally wouldn't care at all, though. Freedom is far more important than unity. I just wish NYC and Long Island would secede so their laws could stop annoying those of us who live upstate.

This is got to be the STUPIDEST idea I have ever heard. Then again when I heard it came from Bush protege Rick Perry I wasn't surprised.

First of all: Who got us into this spending mess. It wasn't Obama, hes only been in office 3 months so their is no plausible way it could be Obama fault. The mess was caused by the policy of tax cuts for Millionaires, starting involved in a unnecessary war, and borrowing beyond our means all of which came Ironically from a Republican President...from Texas.

So to summarize, a Texas Republican got the country into this mess. Now its not only another Texas Republican, but his ideological son proposes to solve the problem by seceded Texas from the Union?

If Perry wants Texas to secede I say LET HIM. God knows how much damage Texas politicians caused over the past 8 years, the country could sure use a break from their ideas. I just feel sorry for the people in Texas who don't want to get involved in this madness.

Furthermore the people involved in these Teapartys are (forum rules prevent me from calling them stup**) so lets say uneducated and ignorant.

If these people bothered to read the Tax Plan it specifically states that your taxes only climb only if you are making more than $250,000 a year. If you make less than this you get a Tax Cut of up to $1000. I swear, as much as the right-wing hates the French they are becoming is becoming more and more like them. Criticize and protest everything even before they know what they are protesting about.

Lastly this whole Tea Party is pure astro-turf issue (the opposite of grass-roots). Instead of the idea/sentiment coming from the public going to Washington, its Washington lobbyists trying to push an issue to the public. In other words this is the right wing Washington lobby trying to push an agenda to the public using a artificial and fabricated Public sentiment.

Dont believe me? Who is the biggest supporter of Tea parties? FOX NEWS. I rest my case.

Last edited:
Well I guess they're thinking "If at first you don't secede, try try again." (Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal. :) )

On a more serious note, if Perry is dumb enough to APPROVE this then let him take his new country down with him. Want to turn Obama into the next Abraham Lincoln? That's how you do it.

As for the tea parties, I find them laughable. First off, unless I make a quarter of a million dollars this year (which is not happening, even in a family with a lawyer) I will receive a tax CUT. Secondly, the main protesters are the ones who have been moaning about the lefties being unpatriotic for their protests in the last eight years or so.

And you know nothing is more patriotic than refusing to pay your taxes. ;)

I hope Texas does secede. I'm fed up with their psychotic drivers nearly running my *** over when I'm in the crosswalk (and in Colorado pedestrians have the right of way in a crosswalk)!

True.

I know the cattle in our feedlots are better looking and more well-mannered than any of them wimin from tex-ass.....

Eh, I need new material, I know ;)

So, are there any new developments on this front? Has the governor changed his stance, or is he still not ruling out leaving?

Personally I think Rick Perry has painted himself into a corner. The 18% of crazies are in love with the idea, while the rest of the state (and especially those in his own party) are like "B**ch, are you crazy"?! So if Perry tones down the rhetoric the crazies will go ballistic, and if doesn't he will be tarred and feathered by the 82% of normals.

BTW, how can Perry actually call himself a proud American patriot and preach secession at the same time? Is the hypocrisy lost on him or what?

Actually, yes. Somewhat.
I know when I was in college the local feedlot may not have looked much more attractive than the texan chicks, but after a bale of hay, they sure were more polite & personable!

Actually, yes. Somewhat.
I know when I was in college the local feedlot may not have looked much more attractive than the texan chicks, but after a bale of hay, they sure were more polite & personable!

Kinda going the way of the Taliban craze? You know, the one with the goats.

Back