Who is terrorist and who isn't?

Reply to #4

" Either slain thou shalt go to heaven; or victorious thou shalt enjoy the earth; therefore arise ,O son of Kunti (Arjun), resolved in battle."
Bhagavafgita (II,37)

1. That above is from the Hindu scripture. There are similar verses in scriptures of all religions - although I am not sure about Buddhism.
2. The Holy Quora'n, which is compulsory for all Muslims to follow, requires Muslims to protest when wronged, and evict a trespasser in your abode. The Holy Quora'n states clearly that the greatest Jihad is Jihad e Akbari, which requires one to struggle against the evil within. It is difficult to explain all these in simple terms in a short writing, but I am hoping that I have conveyed the general idea.
3. Islam is an inclusive religion where Shias, Sunnis and other varieties are treated equal. They intermarry, for instance. Islam also accepts that followers of other faiths are free to practice their religion with hindrance. If living in a Dar ul Islam (literally meaning home of peace - where Muslims are in majority), the non-Muslims are protected.
4. The factor here is not religion. The factor is the politician. He has been creating situations throughout history to reap benefit out of it.

Oh how true, how true. Don't forget the "bennies" they get. Their greasy palms I would never shake...What I shake is my head.

Homegrown terrorists or from abroad...

Life is too damn short to be afraid all the time.
I was glad at the airport, bout ten years ago, the security guy made me take off my Doc's. But really, my then 76 yo Dad? Well, for the country's sake o.k.!
But like I said, life is too short to be scared all the time. No, not surprised when tragedies happen, no, not at all!
Yes, I will defend my family, home when and if it comes down to it. But there is no way I will live in paranoia all the time. I have other things to do. Like spend quality time with the ones I love while they're around. That is well worth my energy!
A lot of good points made in this this thread; by everyone.
But...paranoia will destroy you.

Back