Who is terrorist and who isn't?

A terrorist is one that fights for a cause aggainst a larger power, a non terrorist is one that wins that fight then he was a freedom fighter

When people slaughter innocents in the Name of God, they're terrorists, no matter what faith they practice, nor their country of origin.

And why would any God tell his followers that such an atrocity will buy them a ticket into Paradise, much less a busload of virgins?

Fighting to defend your home and loved ones is noble. Claiming religious piety whilst butchering folks who've not harmed you in any way is just murderous insanity.

A terrorist is one that fights for a cause aggainst a larger power, a non terrorist is one that wins that fight then he was a freedom fighter

Ditto. George Washington, had he lost the War of Independence, would've been a war criminal and terrorist, in the eyes of the English, and would be maligned in history written years afterward.

Last edited:
Killing people in the name of God.....Which god are you talking about as the Catholic church killed thousands upon thousands of Christians who stopped following the Catholic faith and all that was in the name of God. So many were burnt at the stake in my local area that this day is still remembered locally.

When will people realize just how dangerous religion and the belief in the soul really are? Notwithstanding the fact that there is almost no scientific evidence for any of the nonsense. Just think if people didn't belief in the heaven crap there would be no suicide bombers no vehement fanatics.

Do you think the rules that govern the world are justly?
Do you think the world’s organizations are not influenced by world powers and don’t act to provide their interests?
You have strict rules in your countries to protect your rights in capitalism system, because you know each other very well and you know capitalism system very well too. But how about the poor and weak countries? How they can protect their interests against the greed of world powers and multinational corporations?
They are looted because they don’t know their rights or they can’t protect their rights. The origins of most terrorist attacks are for these. The value of life is not extreme and there is a point they like to lose it for their goals. And they are shown by the media as the evils because the media are the main part of capitalism system.

Last edited:
It seems almost intuitive to explain terrorism, especially suicide bombing, in terms of poverty and lack of education. Who, but someone desperate, without more fruitful opportunities before them, would so willingly relinquish their own life? This claim can frequently be heard by policy makers or others seeking to influence international aid and development policy in a way that will also positively affect counterterrorism efforts.

Although study is still limited, the evidence that there is no simple, direct line from poverty to terrorism is persuasive. Analyses of terrorist activities in the last two decades consistently reveal that individuals who support and commit terrorist acts are likely to be more highly educated and have higher incomes than others in their society.

rule of law is not perfect but it is getting better for thousands of years and can be changed to adapt to new situations.
religious laws are quite rigid. They can only adapt through "interpretations".
You find power and intrests with both. But elected governments change according to the will of the voters. Clerical governments always have clerics at the top.
Ever wondered why muslims have to pray 5 times a day? Power over the people.
Ever wondered why christians have to confess? Power over the people. The cleric knows everything! He can even choose his most lascivious maid.

All religions claim they are peacefull, yet they are responsible for almost 1 billion deaths (and counting).
Deaths over history: religious vs. nonreligous
Religious Conflicts

When will people realize just how dangerous religion and the belief in the soul really are? Notwithstanding the fact that there is almost no scientific evidence for any of the nonsense. Just think if people didn't belief in the heaven crap there would be no suicide bombers no vehement fanatics.

This is incorrect, there is no real way to say there would be no suicide bombers and the likes if there was no religion.

Name me a suicide bomber who wasn't motivated by religion.

Do Vietnam count?

That had nothing to do with religion, just killing your opponent and fighting for their country. That is only to name one conflict that had suicide bombers, I am pretty confident there are others as well.

Also it is still incorrect, because the world would be vastly different if there was no religion. You can not actually say "what could of happen" to that extent. We can make "predictions" on how the world would be, but no real way to know for sure.

Do Vietnam count?

That had nothing to do with religion, just killing your opponent and fighting for their country. That is only to name one conflict that had suicide bombers, I am pretty confident there are others as well.

Also it is still incorrect, because the world would be vastly different if there was no religion. You can not actually say "what could of happen" to that extent. We can make "predictions" on how the world would be, but no real way to know for sure.
You may notice that I withdrew the comment, as many do it in the name of nationalism.

We can't even say what might happen without religion,except that it would be one less major reason to fight over.

Last edited:
You may notice that I withdrew the comment, as many do it in the name of nationalism.

We can't even say what might happen without religion,except that it would be one less major reason to fight over.

Agreed, yeah I noticed you withdrew the comment after I responded to it. I don't think I am able to delete my own post. I was going to edit it, but decided just to leave it.

Who, but someone desperate, without more fruitful opportunities before them, would so willingly relinquish their own life?

So, if I'm having a bad day, didn't get that job offer I wanted, GF left me, gas prices went up, ran out of beer, the laptop broke....I can murder civilians with a clear cosncience?

Really? That makes sense? Suicide that kills people who never harmed you?

Suicide attacks against larger military targets is nothing new. Imperial Japan launched kamizes agaisnt Allied ships. The Nazis had their form of suicde planes -- although they at least tried to give the pilot an escape plan. The Vietnamese used suicide bombers, also.

I don't buy the use of sucide attacks, personally. Why waste your personnel on a one-way trip?

And I don't agree with anything aimed at civilians. Period.

To Rayman you are absolutely right, however ideologies that dont change regardless of facts are scary enough as it is. Also they breed people who are anchors on society and resist individual growth on almost all scales.

To Rayman you are absolutely right, however ideologies that dont change regardless of facts are scary enough as it is. Also they breed people who are anchors on society and resist individual growth on almost all scales.

100% agree with what you just said. Ideals do change and religion don't actually do that, just its interpretation (as VDKMS said).

Do Vietnam count?

yup absolutley right...LTTE(tamil liberation tigers) in sri lanka could be another example of incorrectly motivated people blowing themselves off. Even Indian PM Rajiv Gandhi was the victim of suicide bomber that too by a woman.

I'm sure Islam doesn't provoke terrorism. I mean, it's an Abrahamic religion so if 1 of them provokes terrorism shouldn't all 3 religions provoke terrorism? It's the same god I believe -I could be wrong in that one-

i think terrorist is someone who is terrorizing people to get to his cause... using fear and violence to achieve his goal.

Rather like the Zionist during WW2 who spent there time killing British troops in Palestine while their people were dying in gas chambers

I'm sure Islam doesn't provoke terrorism. I mean, it's an Abrahamic religion so if 1 of them provokes terrorism shouldn't all 3 religions provoke terrorism? It's the same god I believe -I could be wrong in that one-

Islam does NOT promote terrorism. Neither does it propagate it. I would say that no religion does, for that matter...

I will confine my views from the Islamic perspective, and this is something that I've mentioned before somewhere in this forum.

Islam is a religion that promote peace. It also promote understanding and compassion for fellow men. That is what I was brought up to believe. I was also taught that, as a Muslim, it is my duty to protect, not only my family, but also my neighbours. It does not say that my neighbours has to be Muslims.

But what do we get nowadays... Some idiot running around gunning people, destroying properties, killing and maiming inoocents, all in the name of Islam. My question is this- are they really Muslims?

The sad part is that the rest of the Muslim chooses to remain silent, and remain silent, for reasons only known to themselves. This unfortunate silence gave legitimacy to these idiots doing these indespicable acts, and the world, in particular, the West, has the notion that Islam is such a evil religion.

You take Afghanistan, for example. Who are Talibans really hurting? The Americans? the British, perhaps? No!, they are killing and hurting their own people. The Taliban are very much against the female folks getting education- why? If anyone here can explain that to me or anyone here, then that person is smarter than me... Islam promotes knowledge and information to all, and that includes females, too... And the Taliban is practising the true tenets of Islam? I can tell you now, it is pure b******t... The things that is so-called Islamic teaching is no more than tribal and cultural practises.

Most of the time, the issues that you see in the world, is caused by vested interest of that group, be it groups or clan or race. It has nothing to do with religion. Religion is something that they use to legitimise their action.

Last edited:
Back