Terror suspect turns to Australian court (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Lawyers for an Australian held at Guantanamo Bay went to court Monday in a bid to force his government to bring the 31-year-old alleged Taliban fighter home.

Read more...

Why should the Australian taxpayer have to pay for his incarceration. We don't want the imbecile. Plus, he's broken no Australian law, so I'm told.

I think he should stay in American hands.

Yes but the American Taxpayer should likewise not have to suffer the burden of the Terrorist in question.
Seeing how Mr. Hicks is now in my opinion a man without a Country, I say Firing Squad is the best solution all the way around (except perhaps for Mr. Hicks) after a very quick Military Trial of course, and one done on Pay Per View, so as to recoup at least some of the expense that the US Government has already put out to date in the way of lodgings for and upkeep of Mr. Hicks, plus transportation from the Battlefield to Club Gitmo.

Done! Gator. Now it's up to you to sell this to congress.

Congress has the power to constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court, and define and punish offenses against the laws of Nations, but sadly there seems to be little will to do so in the US Congress at the present time, nor has there been much will to do so for the past 6 years in my opinion.

I would have done things differently in regards to the Afghan Op, very, very differently, but then I'm never put in charge of such things.

Why should the Australian taxpayer have to pay for his incarceration. We don't want the imbecile. Plus, he's broken no Australian law, so I'm told.

I think he should stay in American hands.

If only Hick's was a Nazi, he could be rescued from prison by the Vatican hey Seno ? ! :wink:

Got it in one Padre.

He has broken no Australian law (apparently), he was captured by the Afghan Northern Alliance and sold to the Americans as a possible source of intelligence. Nothing to do with us.

Plus I am of the opinion that he was a willing supporter of a religious group who would murder people purely on the grounds of religious belief, which to me means he's lower than a politician. and that is as low as my scale goes.

.....and he should receive the Chinese burn, and the Nipple Cripple, each day from nurse Diesel (Cloris Leachman in High Anxiety).

I'm not sure that your suggestion is covered under the Geneva Convention.

I'll get back to you on that one. Our lawyers are getting quite creative with their interpretations these days, especially if a plum job is dangled in front of them.

Back