Tennis Anyone?

Missileer

That's Andre Agassi and Roger Federer playing on a tennis court
at a hotel in Dubai over by Saudia Arabia.

Tennis_anyone.jpg

That's the tennis court on top of the hotel!

Tennis_anyone2.jpg

There's not even a fence around them!!!!

Tennis_anyone3.jpg

Tennis_anyone4.jpg

Tennis_anyone5.jpg

I think the ball landed over there!

Tennis_anyone6.jpg

What damage does a tennis-bal do when it drops 300 feet? Image it hits the hood of your car when you are waiting in front of a street light... :) Probably scares the hell out of you, I know it would with me!

I'm planning to go to Dubai some day soon. It is the only place where you can enjoy 6 Star Hotels at a reasonable price.

Correction, Dubai is not part of Saudi Arabia. It is the most popular city of the United Arab Emirates

CABAL said:
I'm planning to go to Dubai some day soon. It is the only place where you can enjoy 6 Star Hotels at a reasonable price.

Correction, Dubai is not part of Saudi Arabia. It is the most popular city of the United Arab Emirates

"in Dubai over by Saudia Arabia."

Missileer said:
That's Andre Agassi and Roger Federer playing on a tennis court
at a hotel in Dubai over by Saudia Arabia.

Tennis_anyone.jpg

That's the tennis court on top of the hotel!

Tennis_anyone2.jpg

There's not even a fence around them!!!!

Tennis_anyone3.jpg

Tennis_anyone4.jpg

Tennis_anyone5.jpg

I think the ball landed over there!

Tennis_anyone6.jpg
DAMN!:shock: That's pretty cool!

Ted said:
What damage does a tennis-bal do when it drops 300 feet? Image it hits the hood of your car when you are waiting in front of a street light... :) Probably scares the hell out of you, I know it would with me!
You needn't wory about your ride being damaged by stray balls(unless its a boat) as you can see from picture below.
Do you think they use B.A.S.E. jumping Navy SEALS as ball boys?
Burj al-Arab

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

The Burj al-Arab hotel, has quickly become an architectural icon of Dubai.

The Burj al-Arab (Arabic برج العرب "Tower of the Arabs") is a luxury hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (25°08′28″N, 55°11′08″E). At 321 metres (1,053 feet), it is the tallest building used exclusively as a hotel [1] and one of the most distinctive structures in the world. It stands in the sea on an artificial island 280 metres (919 feet) away from the beach in the Persian Gulf, connected to the mainland only by a private curving bridge.
Construction of the hotel began in 1994, and its doors were opened to guests on December 1, 1999. It was built to resemble the sail of a dhow (a type of Arabian vessel). On top of the hotel; on one side is a large helipad, and extending from the other side of the hotel over the ocean is a restaurant called Al Muntaha (Arabic meaning Highest or Ultimate) supported by cantilever. A remarkable element of its architecture is the outer beachward wall of the atrium, which is made of a woven, Teflon-coated fiberglass cloth.

A front on view of the Burj-al-Arab Hotel.

The Burj al-Arab does not have ordinary rooms; rather it is divided into 202 duplex suites. The smallest suite occupies an area of 169 square metres (1,819 square feet), and the largest one covers 780 square metres (8,396 square feet). It is one of the most expensive hotels in the world to stay in. The prices for the least expensive suites are in the range of $1,000 to over $6,000 a night. The most expensive suites can cost over $15,000 a night. The full amount it cost to build the hotel and furnish it has not yet been publicly released.

Back