Ten Turkish Soldiers killed in PKK Attack

oRTouCH

Ten Turkish soldiers killed in PKK Attack

_48117509_turkey_hakkari_semdinli_0610.gif

Ten Turkish soldiers have been killed in an attack by Kurdish terrorists near the Iraqi border, Turkey's military says.

Members of the PKK terrorist group launched an overnight raid on an outpost near the city of Semdinli in Hakkari province, officials said.
Twelve rebels were killed in subsequent clashes, they added. Turkish aircraft have also bombed PKK positions in Iraq.

Fighting has increased drastically in recent months, as the government's peace initiative has collapsed.

The Turkish General Staff said in a statement that a group of terrorists had touched off the fighting by attacking a division on duty near the border at 0200 on Saturday (2300 GMT on Friday).

"Reinforcements were sent to the region and throughout the night support was provided to the conflict zone by attack helicopters and artillery. Separately, the air force struck targets identified in the northern region of Iraq."

"According to initial findings, 12 terrorists were neutralised in the clashes."
Ankara has urged Iraq's Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) to expel the 2,000 PKK fighters believed to be based on its territory, saying it must promote efforts to curb the banned group's activities.

The military announced on Friday that more than 130 terrorists had been killed in air raids and incursions in northern Iraq since the beginning of May. It added that 43 members of the Turkish security forces had also died.

On Wednesday, Turkish troops crossed into northern Iraq and killed four PKK fighters after the group made an unsuccessful attack on a border guard outpost.

Friday's attack was the deadliest for the Turkish military since April 2009, when nine soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb in Diyarbakir.

Last month, the imprisoned PKK leader, Abdullah Ocalan, stated that he had given up any hope of dialogue with the government.

Nationalist sentiment runs high in Turkey and is very hostile to the idea of negotiating with the PKK, which is officially branded a terrorist organisation by the United States and European Union, he adds.

Source: BBC

All soldiers are heros. May those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country rest in peace. Avenge them well.

All soldiers are heros. May those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country rest in peace. Avenge them well.

I was not excepting such a statement from you friend. Becuase in Azerbaijan Armenia Clash thread you showed us that you hate Turks and you called them bastards. Weird.

I expect that the PKK terrorists consider themselves soldiers too, willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. So the avenging will go on endlessly. When will all parties involved try to come to a solution?

I was not excepting such a statement from you friend. Becuase in Azerbaijan Armenia Clash thread you showed us that you hate Turks and you called them bastards. Weird.

I don't hate Turks. I just love Armenians. :)

My wife is Armenian, actually. Her father is a Karabakh veteran too, took Shusha. And I really don't like when someone insults or threatens her and her people. Nothing personal, just how it is. Armenia, Ossetia, Abkhazia, Kuban, Terek, I have deep personal roots and connections to these places. These are my places. My people.

But I gladly support Turkey against Kurdish terrorists. Or Zionist regime.

Last edited:
I don't hate Turks. I just love Armenians. :)

My wife is Armenian, actually. Her father is a Karabakh veteran too, took Shusha. And I really don't like when someone insults or threatens her and her people. Nothing personal, just how it is. Armenia, Ossetia, Abkhazia, Kuban, Terek, I have deep personal roots and connections to these places. These are my places. My people.

But I gladly support Turkey against Kurdish terrorists. Or Zionist regime.

I have respect to whom you love and also I have respect to Armenians living in Armenia. But I have no positive thoughts about the ones living in Europe - working for diaspora and trying corrupt the relations between Armenia and Turkey.

The word "bastard" you used in another thread for Turks made me think that you hate them.

I feel that the recent rise in Pkk attacks is due to Turkey supporting the Palestinian struggle so Israel is getting back at Turkey by supporting the Kurdish struggle... Their have been few articles written recently that I tend to agree with, I see an Israeli hand behind the recent confligration of tensions... The PKK recently has been in peace deals with the Turkish government an have toned down their antagonism due to the Turkish concesstions made... But what better way at getting back at Turkey for supporting the Palestinian cause than for Israel to goad the PKK into new and more ferocious attacks against the Turkish state in order to cause Turkey to tone down the recent pressure it has put against Israel.

WATCH THIS VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sX4XPNlEqE

Here is another link also: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Special...ect-Israeli-link-with-PKK/UPI-86741276717399/

The youtube video proves Israeli connections to the Kurdish militias and the "coincidental" rise of PKK attacks against Turkey since the Humanitarian flotilla debacle and Turkish pressure against Israel only proves that Israel which has had connections with the Kurds has accelerated in using the Kurds to launch a campaign against Turkey by proxy to pressure Turkey.

Last edited:
That's what the Turks deserve for being hypocritical.

Hahaha! Funny... Really funny. USA attacked by Al-Quaida because they are hypocritical then, or IRA killed several innocents in UK becuase they were hypocritical, and ah yes Spain has been in a struggle against ETA because they were hypocritical right?

First learn the meaning of terrorism, then post something logical here. That'd be better.

Oh okay then US army is not fighting against terrorism in Afghanistan. It is a battle between two armed groups. One of them is Taliban States and the other one is United States.

@ wallabies please just quit it cuz you are not making any sense. You say you don't consider Turkey is fighting terrorist they they are fighting another armed group buy when your own analogy is uses for the U.S & Taliban you do a complete 360 and say no the Taliban is not an armed group they are terrorist, now I see you are exhibiting the same hypocracy you have accused Turkey of.... Let me break something down to you the Taliban and the PKK are both armed groups that are committing terrorist acts, they are one and the same.... Please try to exhibit some enlightenment and a valid point before you start announcing and denoucing 2 groups that are two sides of the same coin.

Eh, guys, stop the delirium for one second.

First, to our Turkish friend: Armenians can do whatever they want. They are freemen, they dont have to do what you want them to do. If they want to work a diaspora, then live with it. It's their right.

Second, not all soldiers are heroes. Some soldiers are common criminals with a nation to back them up. You dont need to be a soldier to be a hero.

Third, to our Russian friend, you cant say "nothing personnal" and say "my wife is Armenian... bla bla bla"

Fourth: There is tons of debates about terrorism. The definition isnt made by the terrorists. But by the people fighting terrorism.
If we were really true and fair, we would label anyone fighting a terrorist. Taliban call Americans terrorists, and Americans call insurgents terrorists. Why should be accept the ruling of one and refuse the ruling of the other? If we are really neutral, they are both terrorists.

For those who disagree. You never saw an US general speak about "shock & Awe tactics"? You never heard this sweet sentence "we will terrorise the terrorists"?

It's a fight to the death between two groups defending their interests. Nothing more, nothing less. Dont be fooled. At these levels of power, there is no honest people in power.

And yes, there is conspiracy theories about the hand of Israel intelligence community behind the recent Kurdish separatists attacks...

If there is proof? Of course there is no proof. Who would let proofs hanging in such actions.

But if you know how intelligence work is done. You would ask one question:

"who benefits from these events?"

And you will learn that Israel had issues with Turkey recently.

Now, it can be just a huge coincidence. That the PKK decided to attack Turkey because it sensed that the government was in a turning point... Or, that the Israelis pushed their noses in it somehow...

Not impossible... Potentially true.

Back