Tell us about the Dalai Lama

Pure propaganda, as I told you before...

That's all I can say about it.

Last edited:
I thought the Dalai and other Buddhists weren't supposed to care about having a country or not. They are supposed to be in pursuit of emptiness where it does not matter whether or not they are persecuted or enjoy unlimited freedom. Whether they have a country or not. Whether or not they have a chair or not...

Bah, I like this one better. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/15/humanrights.olympicgames2008

My girlfriend and I had frequent flyer miles and we had decided to go to China to watch the Olympics but after seeing the footages of China's response to the Tibetan protests, we decided not to. I find it appalling, but not surprising, that China had promised to make progress on their human rights record for hosting the Olympics, but what they have done in the last few months is go backwards. And when called out on it by the IOC, they tell them to shove off. Somehow, I can't say I'm surprised at all... Well, maybe surprised at the fact that the IOC is doing crap about it...

My girlfriend and I are going to Australia instead. :love:

My girlfriend and I had frequent flyer miles and we had decided to go to China to watch the Olympics but after seeing the footages of China's response to the Tibetan protests, we decided not to. I find it appalling, but not surprising, that China had promised to make progress on their human rights record for hosting the Olympics, but what they have done in the last few months is go backwards. And when called out on it by the IOC, they tell them to shove off. Somehow, I can't say I'm surprised at all... Well, maybe surprised at the fact that the IOC is doing crap about it...

My girlfriend and I are going to Australia instead. :love:

Good idea.

As far as human rights goes this has a lot of parallels to the 1936 Summer Games in Berlin, with the anti-semite cover-up by the Nazis.

Back