Tell Me What you think

Oh not me. I've always wanted to be famous for doing something completely diabolical.....I want to start said war. :firedevi:

Just kidding. Kinda. :twisted:

In all seriousness aren't nukes more of scare tactics? why would some1 shoot a nuke at some1 who could fire back before they were dead?

I feel nukes are mostly scare tactics. There was an interesting bit about it on the Colbert Report yesterday (Nov 30) that explained the situation as someone pointing a gun at you and saying they would kill you and you then pointing a gun at them and saying the same thing back. Then the other person says if that happens they will take everyone else with them and you then respond in kind. So it boils down to a tit-for-tat build up.

Now the only way to effectively employ it is to launch and have it detonate before the other person knows what is going on. That would only happen though in the most dire of circumstances because even if the attack was successful the international repercussions could economically destroy the country if other nations did not agree with the decision and responded by unifying against us and boycotting all that is American (or worse their own nuclear attacks). I guess what I am getting at is that I think the only way to employ nuclear weaponry is with the support of every nation but the one that is being attacked.

What does everyone else think?

I agree with Regulator795. If we don't get support from other nations before we nuke they might be like "WTF!" and cut any support any where else putting American GIs in a deeper **** hole than they might already be in.

Yes

With the way this world is heading. with Iran not listening to demands to end their nuclear program, if you look at history you know what that means. And also taking into consideration that more and more countries are planning to turn against us, and with our oil supply ending in less than 100 years, the next war, in my opinion. will either start from retaliation from attack. OR a war for Oil. that's my take on it.

I agree with Regulator795. If we don't get support from other nations before we nuke they might be like "WTF!" and cut any support any where else putting American GIs in a deeper **** hole than they might already be in.

Ok this is just a thought..................pull ALL American troops and any other Americans that want to come home, home THEN start the nukes.
Just remember one thing about Nuke fallout, what goes up into the air has to come down somewhere.

I agree

With the way this world is heading. with Iran not listening to demands to end their nuclear program, if you look at history you know what that means. And also taking into consideration that more and more countries are planning to turn against us, and with our oil supply ending in less than 100 years, the next war, in my opinion. will either start from retaliation from attack. OR a war for Oil. that's my take on it.
I believe WW3 will be a war for oil and the country with the last barrel of oil will win because just about evrythink needs oil. I also believe Iran needs to be stopped with their nuclear program. They havn't got the trust of the world to have them unlike Russia, UK, US and all other countries who have them but dont have an itchy trigger finger

I think WW3 will be either (1) religion...ie: islam vs non islam (2) oil, or (3) the end of the world due to political beliefs.
in any of the three, I also believe that Nuclear weapons should NOT be allowed to be built or kept by ANY country. you want to see the real end of the world? flood the sky with radioactive fallout and watch the fun

I think WWIII will be Sevens and her BFF against everyone else. A war that we will of course win, because we will cheat shamelessly. :D

But in all seriousness....I think it will end up being either religious or political, and I think will it happen sometime in my lifetime unfortunately.

WW3 will be fought between the developed countries vs the undeveloped countries, It won't be over oil, or religion, or political views, or anything like that, WW3 will be fought over toilet paper.
We have it, some countries don't,So basically if you want to stop WW3 before it starts send toilet paper instead of foreign aid, trust me useing something besides a corn cob or the left hand makes a world of difference in the persons mood

Back