Teen Pockets $25,000 in Texting Contest

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Teen Pockets $25,000 in Texting Contest
NEW YORK (AP) - OMG! Thirteen-year-old Morgan Pozgar, of Claysburg, Pa., was crowned LG National Texting champion on Saturday after she typed "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from "Mary Poppins" in 15 seconds. "I'm going to go shopping and buy lots of clothes," the teen said after winning her...

Phones are for TALKING! Why do people text on them?????? I have never understood that.

If I want to text you. I will email you. Texting is leading folks to improper spelling. It has given rise to INTERNET SPEAK. Where people say "LOL" or "OMG" they do that L33T speak or what ever it is called.

I just see folks texting on their phones and it takes them longer to convey a message than it would for me to simply say it.

It took someone 15 seconds to type out and send "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". It takes me less than two seconds to say it.

I'll stick with speaking on phones instead of texting.... Thank you very much.

As for the teenager that won $25,000. STUPID PARENTS!!!! That is $25,000 for college or for a down payment on a house. If they let their kid blow that money. Then society has really taken a dive.

I'll give you people a tip. Avoid Texting, espicially if you on a limited plan.

The Phone companies make more money off text messages then they do off the call. People assume texting is free or cheap, its neither.

I'll give you people a tip. Avoid Texting, espicially if you on a limited plan.

The Phone companies make more money off text messages then they do off the call. People assume texting is free or cheap, its neither.
WAY! Much more. When you figure in 10 cents per text sent or recieved over the course of a month...That adds up to some AMAZING figures. That's why I don't text. The only reason I got free texts is because I use AIM on my phone. Its cheaper than if I were to call them.

Back