technology and soldiers don't mix

IROQUOIS227

My war was Vietnam. Yeah, we got our collective ass kicked, but for ENTIRELY different reasons. Yes, at this LATE date we find LBJ stuck it in us and broke it off. But the reason Vietnam was different only in terms of warfare is because we were FAR AND AWAY better trained, not raised in homes with two parents working, forced to adopt the "video game" mentality, and we received a far and away better initial education than these people today. General of the Army D.D. Eisenhower's military industrial complex has reached fruition, and is alive and well. I'm only one part smiling with that, because, without Vietnam, the HUEY might never have existed, and someday I hope to MARRY one. A "D" or "H" model will be fine. Past that, These kids of today depend on technology that has weakened the US Armed Force immeasurably. A twice unelected presidunce is responsible for this. Both wars are still hot, and neither are winnable. Despite what these bedecked "PX" four star hollywoods are saying. Time for all those mopes to retire and write their books, or follow John Batiste, Major General, US Army, Ret. s lead. To use SOLDIERS for this sort of crime is damned by God i'll bet. If not, it should be. I'm sick of flag draped caskets, and i've gone to YOU TUBE for all the clips on the "old Guard." Makes me want to weep. I don't care if people think i'm a sissy. The solemnity of their actions at the Tomb of the Unknown, and at funerals is without equal. I want to kick the **** out of congress and tell them to stop being cowards, and close their wallets to incoming money. That goes for Obama too. Well, that's all I got to say. I hope I'm among the soldiers like those who died in vain because of any other reason than invasion of the US. Soldiers that knew the second they signed their names, death was right there with them. Finally, a good soldier, which is what i always tried to be, knows full well, you can't win a war you're not right in.

Welcome and thank you for your service. Good luck on your search for that HUEY. You can never forget something that may have saved your life.:salute:

Back