Technology Military Robots

blackhawk211

Just read that the Marines are transferring over their remote-controlled bomb detectors to the Army. Robots that can detect car bombs, explosives, and anything of that sort. The article said that these robots have been credited with saving many lives of the Marines, and that the Marines even get attached to their personal robots. I would like to see other views on the technology used in the army/military, and if there's any other gadgets like this out there I'd like to know about it. Please post your thoughts/comments.

The article is called Devil Droids

Well, any help for a soldier is good enough. These little things could save many lives. And I think it's great to be using robots to help soldiers in combat. But let me emphasise help. Maybe 100 years down the line it may be possible but for now I do not believe a robot should be made to replace the role of a soldier. yes, you don't lose lives. but robots are no way near advanced enough to be able to do what the average soldier can do. It can't act like humans (therefore can't move ect like humans) and it wont be able to understand when something like the Geneva Convention would come into effect. of course this is only now. Who knows what they could do in the future. But for now, a robot's role is to support the man not for man to support the robot.

Oh I completely agree. I don't think robots will ever replace humans, EVER. They don't have the ability to rationalize and make decisions and that type of stuff. I just think it's cool that the technology available is able to create something like this to help our soldiers detect where bombs are.

Back