Team Bush shifts into CYA Mode....

Gator

U of B and B Alumnus
Independent body to monitor spying program

Court has already approved one surveillance request from government
sourceAP.gif

Updated: 3:32 p.m. ET Jan 17, 2007
WASHINGTON - The Bush administration has agreed to let a secret but independent panel of federal judges oversee the government’s controversial domestic spying program, the Justice Department said Wednesday.
In a letter to the leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court will have final say in approving wiretaps placed on people with suspected terror links.
“Any electronic surveillance that was occurring as part of the Terrorist Surveillance Program will now be conducted subject to the approval of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court,” Gonzales wrote in the two-page letter to Sens. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., and Arlen Specter, R-Pa.

Full Story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16673270/

There are many people who have been and are still within the Bush White House who need to go to Prison, for many different things, I doubt just backtracking and going back to the way things were before they got there will save their asses, but who knows, the Democrats in the past have shown little backbone, which is one reason they were out of power so long in Washington D.C..

Gator

Did you see that Bush fired 2 senior Federal Prosecutors in California to put his political cronies in their place? I wonder if there is any relation?

Gator

Did you see that Bush fired 2 senior Federal Prosecutors in California to put his political cronies in their place? I wonder if there is any relation?

I had not seen that, but I know the DoJ is in need of a top to bottom cleaning if you ask me.

Back