Tea drinking deadly!

hawky94

The Brit Pack (probationer)
http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-tea-skeletal-fluorosis-20130322,0,4719810.story

Just found this as I was looking up something else on the LA Times site.

If that's true, I'll be dead very soon! I don't exactly measure how much tea I have per day, certainly not in litres and I certainly don't have pitchers to hand.

However, I do drink between three and five a day and from a regular size tea mug as well!

How much of the stuff do you lot drink? I realise some drink coffee, as do I - once in a while. But I'm mainly good for a cuppa when I wake up, one with lunch, one in the afternoon, one with supper, and one in the evening - maybe two! :shock:

Well Hawkster, enjoy the limited time you have left! ;) :p

I never ever drink tea! :D

Coffee, make it NATO. ;)

I'll have 2 coffees on a bad day, and not after 1900 unless on nights.

I might drink 5 or 6 mugs of tea a day. Drink anything to excess is not going to do you any good.

I read somewhere that a woman recently died after drinking 10 litres of coke a day.

Found it:-

http://www.thejournal.ie/nz-woman-dies-after-drinking-10-litres-of-coke-every-day-792310-Feb2013/

A CORONER in New Zealand has determined that a 30-year-old woman would not have died from a cardiac arrest if she had not drank up to 10 litres of Coca-Cola every day.

Mother-of-eight Natasha Harris died in 2010 after being found slumped against a wall and gasping for air.

Stuff.co.nz reports that Coca-Cola argued that there was no way to proving that Harris’s fondness for Coke – which saw her drink up to four 2.25 litre bottles per day – could have contributed to her death.

This was disputed by coroner David Crerar, however, who said it was “unlikely that she [Harris] would have died when she died and how she died” were it not for “the consumption of very large quantities of Coke”.

Her partner said Natasha’s health had turned for the worse in the months before her death, saying she had felt sick all the time and would regularly become moody – suffering from debilitating headaches – if she had not drank some Coke.

Her partner’s mother added that she would suffer from DTs and become irritable and angry if she ran out of Coca-Cola.

The Times calculated that drinking 10 litres of Coke would amount to just under 1g of caffeine, and over 1kg of sugar, every single day. It added that a caffeine intake of over 500mg per day would be considered unhealthy for an adult.

I might drink 5 or 6 mugs of tea a day. Drink anything to excess is not going to do you any good.

I read somewhere that a woman recently died after drinking 10 litres of coke a day.

Found it:-

http://www.thejournal.ie/nz-woman-dies-after-drinking-10-litres-of-coke-every-day-792310-Feb2013/

A CORONER in New Zealand has determined that a 30-year-old woman would not have died from a cardiac arrest if she had not drank up to 10 litres of Coca-Cola every day.

Mother-of-eight Natasha Harris died in 2010 after being found slumped against a wall and gasping for air.

Stuff.co.nz reports that Coca-Cola argued that there was no way to proving that Harris’s fondness for Coke – which saw her drink up to four 2.25 litre bottles per day – could have contributed to her death.

This was disputed by coroner David Crerar, however, who said it was “unlikely that she [Harris] would have died when she died and how she died” were it not for “the consumption of very large quantities of Coke”.

Her partner said Natasha’s health had turned for the worse in the months before her death, saying she had felt sick all the time and would regularly become moody – suffering from debilitating headaches – if she had not drank some Coke.

Her partner’s mother added that she would suffer from DTs and become irritable and angry if she ran out of Coca-Cola.

The Times calculated that drinking 10 litres of Coke would amount to just under 1g of caffeine, and over 1kg of sugar, every single day. It added that a caffeine intake of over 500mg per day would be considered unhealthy for an adult.

Yeah what an idiot, I have no idea how some one could even consume that much coke the carbonation alone should have slowed her up.

As for the Coca Cola argument that it wasn't the cause of death I find that kind of amusing as surely there better argument was that Coke isn't meant to be consumed in that quantity.

Still if nothing else the gene pool is a little stronger now.

Back