Tattoos

PVT Solares

im planning on getting a Valkyrie angel on the middle of my upper back like this....but the angel will be a female and will have a sword pointing downwards

david_beckham_tattoo_angel.jpg

and maybe on one arm a chinese dragon sort of creature extending to the top of my chest (not the whole chest, just on a pec....its where the head will be).

Is that too much? Im planning on getting it after basic training if theres enough time.

What if i wanted to join the police force as a civilian job afterwards? You think they would care as long as its covered?

more to the point make sure you have enough recovery time before you are in military training. these things hurt(mine is a small one and still it hurt for a month or so). in the first 3 weeks if you put them in the sun, rub sand on them, or dont clean them well they can hurt even more or get infected.

The main reference you want to use is AR670-1. There might be some other policy letters too, but I think that as long as you cannot see the tat's while you are in Class A's you should be OK. Nothing on the neck, head or hands. Legs below the knee for females too. Be aware that the army will document any tatoos you have at every physical you take.

Also, tatoos that specifically identify you as American in any way may keep you from obtaining higher security clearances or certain jobs (SF, Ranger, etc).

Probably off topic, but did anyone else hear the myth about the guy who got "F%^ you!" tattooed on the bottom of his saluting hand?

if you do get tattooed make sure after the first couple of days you rub lotion on it and don't pick at it (might scar makes for poor quality)

People have all sorts of tatoos now'a days.....I personally think they're pretty awsome ...if done right....besides who ever you work with, will hire you cause of your skills and capabilities...:mrgreen:

I personally like this one, hehehehheehe....

angel-wing-tattoo.jpg

Last edited:
Yep and 20 years from now when its faded and sagging past your arse you will wonder why you ever got them.

Hehe about 20 years ago a couple of friends of mine ended up with various renditions of the "Pegasus" tattooed on them and we were laughing about it a couple of years back because now they look like faded versions of my little pony covered in black arm hair.

Last edited:
Don't worry about how you'll look in tha future, I know many people who look gorgeous, and freakin awsome at 40 and 50...anyway.. go ahead, live life,...and if you wanna a tat, well heck go on and get it....enjoy it...life ends FAST!! If you go around livin' on what people have to say, well you'll never get around to doing what you enjoy the most...lol...

I dont have any tatoos,....I might just get one though, hehehehhehehee...lol

Some tattoos can look awesome. I had a boyfriend once who had quite a few, I loved them.

I want to get one on my ankle and one on my shoulder, a ring of flowers sounds good.

Back