Tattoos

--

December 6th, 2008  
PVT Solares

Topic: Tattoos

im planning on getting a Valkyrie angel on the middle of my upper back like this....but the angel will be a female and will have a sword pointing downwards

and maybe on one arm a chinese dragon sort of creature extending to the top of my chest (not the whole chest, just on a pec....its where the head will be).

Is that too much? Im planning on getting it after basic training if theres enough time.

What if i wanted to join the police force as a civilian job afterwards? You think they would care as long as its covered?
December 6th, 2008  
SHERMAN

more to the point make sure you have enough recovery time before you are in military training. these things hurt(mine is a small one and still it hurt for a month or so). in the first 3 weeks if you put them in the sun, rub sand on them, or dont clean them well they can hurt even more or get infected.
December 6th, 2008  
Wallabies

Yeah, people usually wait until they have a fair chunk of leave before getting them.
--
December 6th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Yeah don't do anything out of the ordinary before you get in.
December 7th, 2008  
PVT Solares

alright Thanks guys!
December 8th, 2008  
HokieMSG

The main reference you want to use is AR670-1. There might be some other policy letters too, but I think that as long as you cannot see the tat's while you are in Class A's you should be OK. Nothing on the neck, head or hands. Legs below the knee for females too. Be aware that the army will document any tatoos you have at every physical you take.
December 8th, 2008  
Maytime

Also, tatoos that specifically identify you as American in any way may keep you from obtaining higher security clearances or certain jobs (SF, Ranger, etc).
December 8th, 2008  
A Can of Man

It's just better not to have any before you join.
Or just have a bunch of tattoos written in Swedish.
December 11th, 2008  
kcampbell43

Probably off topic, but did anyone else hear the myth about the guy who got "F%^ you!" tattooed on the bottom of his saluting hand?
December 11th, 2008  
HokieMSG

Never Heard of that, but it is original.