TATTOOS?

Missileer

I was wondering, with tattooing and body piercing becoming so popular, how many of us have a tattoo or body piercing. Would you consider having one? If you have any of the above, what is the subject or where is the piercing?

I had my wife's name tattooed on my left shoulder while in the Army. I had a "Hot Stuff" character on the calf of my leg. I also have a gold dragon inside a jade circle under my right forearm.

wow the calf one hurts like :cen: dont it? my friend had one done on his calf and after a joint and 2 vicodin was still yelling like crazy. i thnk thats gotta be the worst place to get one.

should i get one myself, itll be one on my back.

I have an American bald eagle with spread wings perched on top of crossed artillery cannons on my left upper arm. I was the only one of my gang of seven who got tattoos that day that didn't get one that said something. When a buddy asked me why I told him I couldn't think of anything I wanted to say for the rest of my life. :lol:

You may find this interesting; my father had his initials tattooed on each shoulder, upper thigh, and the center of his chest which also had a small USMC globe and anchor on it. Why? Because the Japanese were fond of hacking dead Marines up and he wanted to do something that might ensure all of him was found should he meet such a fate. He'd seen too many of his pals treated in just such a manner.

behemoth79 said:
wow the calf one hurts like :cen: dont it? my friend had one done on his calf and after a joint and 2 vicodin was still yelling like crazy. i thnk thats gotta be the worst place to get one.

should i get one myself, itll be one on my back.

Actually, the reason I started this thread is a friend at work was leaning back in a chair with his hands clasped behind his head and underneath his bicep was a huge Marine eagle, ball, and anchor tattoo. Try this, pinch yourself anywhere on your arm then under the bicep. That is the most sensitive area of your arm. That must have hurt like Hell.

Left Chest- Marine Corps Emblem.

Right upper arm- USMC Bulldog w/Campaign Cover and Semper Fi in a banner below it. Daddys Puppy picture ....According to my 3 year old :lol:

Don't have one yet, but will get one in the next few years:

RMC Kingston emblem on my left upper arm.

I have all my babys' mamas' names tattooed on my right shoulder.

:lol: Too daggone thuggish.

I don't really have any tattoos, but I do have two brands, my cattle brand on my right shoulder (in miniature, I didn't use the iron :lol: ), and a horseshoe from the top of a cigarette lighter on my left bicep (one of those drunk buddy-buddy moments). It's actually surprising how little they hurt, but both are starting to fade and I have no intention of redoing them.

Missileer said:
I was wondering, with tattooing and body piercing becoming so popular, how many of us have a tattoo or body piercing. Would you consider having one? If you have any of the above, what is the subject or where is the piercing?

I had my wife's name tattooed on my left shoulder while in the Army. I had a "Hot Stuff" character on the calf of my leg. I also have a gold dragon inside a jade circle under my right forearm.

The only piercing I would get other than ears is a belly button. Which I am going to do sometime.

I like tattoos on men, depending where, what, and how many. I don't like them on women 99% of the time. I wouldn't get one.

I have a Maple leaf on my shoulder and my Blood type on the inside of my arm just above the elbow and just under the bicep....

*Serenity* said:
Missileer said:

The only piercing I would get other than ears is a belly button. Which I am going to do sometime.

I like tattoos on men, depending where, what, and how many. I don't like them on women 99% of the time. I wouldn't get one.

Serenity, just a quick story about piercing. I was working at a bomb range in a California desert training three SEALs on a laser targeting device, the type used by special ops, the seal team would contact an aircraft for Navy and Air Force pilots and turn the laser on and illuminate an area simulating a target. We had to use laser safety glasses while lasing and one of the SEALs would hang his glasses in a nipple ring. Now if anyone has used Yag laser goggles, they know the things are heavy but the guy acted like he didn't even notice the weight. Probably a manhood thing to impress the civilian.

Missileer said:
We had to use laser safety glasses while lasing and one of the SEALs would hang his glasses in a nipple ring. Now if anyone has used Yag laser goggles, they know the things are heavy but the guy acted like he didn't even notice the weight. Probably a manhood thing to impress the civilian.

LOL. Either that or he liked the whole pain thing... :shock: Yikes! :lol:

Question...

Does military allow body piercing? I mean it got to be hurt if enemy rip rings or any body-piercing aparatus out of the flesh during combat.

Re: Question...

Boobies said:
Does military allow body piercing? I mean it got to be hurt if enemy rip rings or any body-piercing aparatus out of the flesh during combat.

They didn't when I was in but things seem to have changed since then. How about it newer troops. I also wonder why the sunglasses in the nipple ring thing hasn't made it into the movies yet, Bruce Willis, are you listening? :)

In the Canadian army, males are not allowed to wear any sort of body piercings, however off base you can do what you want.

*Serenity* said:

tatoos on lower backs of girls are hot. guys, agree?

Back