Tattoos - Page 2

--
Tattoos

May 6th, 2012  
pixiedustboo

Tattoos
I have to say, I laughed out loud at this thread. Great posts from both sides. I'm in the middle. I enjoy some good tattoos and on men, I think they are sexy. For women, not the biggest fan. I just think when a woman has a bardwire fence on her ankle there is a little bit of skank there. Total sexist I know, but it's just how I feel.
May 6th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
I have to say, I laughed out loud at this thread. Great posts from both sides. I'm in the middle. I enjoy some good tattoos and on men, I think they are sexy. For women, not the biggest fan. I just think when a woman has a bardwire fence on her ankle there is a little bit of skank there. Total sexist I know, but it's just how I feel.
I like skanks.
May 7th, 2012  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I like skanks.
They're easy and cheap!
--
Tattoos
May 7th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
They're easy and cheap!

You my good Sir, have not encountered the high caliber skank then .
May 7th, 2012  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
You my good Sir, have not encountered the high caliber skank then .
I live in Miami.... I have... I just can't afford them. So I settled for being a one woman type of guy and found an awesome gal in my life. Now I am
May 7th, 2012  
AniLand

I feel the same way you do about trendy tattoos, the ones that mean nothing, that the attention wh*r*s get for the attention. However, I am a sucker for sentimentality, so the ones that have meaning are interesting to me. I have four tattoos on my back. Completely out of sight, and most people are very surprised when they find out I have them. I am a teacher and a wedding officiant, and I am clean-cut. But my tattoos do all have heavy meaning. A "V" for my mom, Vanessa, who died 2 years ago very suddenly. I took her death very badly (it still chokes me up, 2 years later). It was the first tattoo I got. I have a sandskrit tattoo that translates to "sister" in honor of my sister & best friend. I have three bird silhouettes flying in a circle to represent my grandpa, grandma, and mom all of whom are in heaven now. And my most recent one is of "The Giving Tree", which I got after my son was born 9 months ago. All very sentimental to me, and all hidden from view!
May 7th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniLand
I feel the same way you do about trendy tattoos, the ones that mean nothing, that the attention wh*r*s get for the attention. However, I am a sucker for sentimentality, so the ones that have meaning are interesting to me. I have four tattoos on my back. Completely out of sight, and most people are very surprised when they find out I have them. I am a teacher and a wedding officiant, and I am clean-cut. But my tattoos do all have heavy meaning. A "V" for my mom, Vanessa, who died 2 years ago very suddenly. I took her death very badly (it still chokes me up, 2 years later). It was the first tattoo I got. I have a sandskrit tattoo that translates to "sister" in honor of my sister & best friend. I have three bird silhouettes flying in a circle to represent my grandpa, grandma, and mom all of whom are in heaven now. And my most recent one is of "The Giving Tree", which I got after my son was born 9 months ago. All very sentimental to me, and all hidden from view!

Thats the stuff, professionalism is welcome to the gawking eyes of me, the judgemental pedestrian.

I am not joking here, really am not, but about two weeks before Saint Patricks I was enjoying a stroll along the riverfront and noticed people jumping out of the way of a young woman behind me.

As it turns out I stepped into a corner restaraunt let her pass me and stepped out behind and saw why.

She had a huge black and orange tarantula inked under her shirt strap...

Oh I love growing up in our "lost generation". lol.

Such color retirement homes will have in 50 years.
May 8th, 2012  
Concedo Nulli

Topic: .

May 11th, 2012  
LeEnfield

The trouble with tattoos is that you are stuck with it for life and as fashions change there you are with some thing that is out of date. also with the passing of years the colours change and it can look quite awful. Also it amuses me that people need to tattoo their name on some part of there body and often their neck, is it because they can't remember who they are.
May 12th, 2012  
BritinBritain

Here's a few tattoo's worth considering.