are you the tattoo mad?

I have one on my back a cross. I like ink. I got it for me and it means something. You can like it or not but either way not many people see it. I don't often show it off because its in the center of my back.

i cant get one right now since I'm in delayed entry porgram but as soon as i am allowed to get one i am getting a tatoo of the boot rifle helmet (soldier memorial) with john 15:13 below it "greater love hath no man that he who lays his life down for his friends"

i cant get one right now since I'm in delayed entry porgram but as soon as i am allowed to get one i am getting a tatoo of the boot rifle helmet (soldier memorial) with john 15:13 below it "greater love hath no man that he who lays his life down for his friends"
:salute:

I have two. (Upper R Arm: Oriental Dragon, Right Pectoral: Templaric Knight). Both I can cover. I work in an office and I keep them covered at work. I was thinking about getting one more to honor my father MMC USN(Ret). I think Ink says a lot about the person getting it. Never been a fan of sleeves, neck or head tats, but if you want em go for it. As far as women getting them. I think subtle is the key. I have seen some interesting and downright sexy ink on women. Also seen some pretty horrendus ones too. Long story even longer. If you like em, get em. If not don't.

Never really liked tattoos, amongst men in certain cultures like the military and bikies etc I understand it but outside of that it just looks tacky and lame. As for women with tatts, I can think of no bigger turn off and I’m reminded of the comment by commedian Ron White;
‘…(ladies) that little tattoo of a hummingbird might look sweet and cute when you’re in your twenties but later on in life when you’re older, you’re gonna get real sick of overhearing “I don’t wanna go to Grandmas’ house…she’s got a vulture on her back”…because skin MOVES’.

I dont have any tat's..I've been "really" considering getting ink'd....I would like a tat, which represents both my ethnic backgrounds..I saw this and i absolutely loved it....sigh...we'll see ;)

Cherry_Blossom_Back_piece_by_GlassB.jpg

Hello sky2979,

looks great indeed - so maybe you just want to get a paint scroll and hang it on a wall - so that at least you can have a look on it? :D

I was amazed at this years World soccer cup - about how many of these players displayed tatoos. David Beckhem must have a real bad influence :D

Regards
Kruska

okay, but please make sure that the leaves change their color if the season changes. :D

Lol...maybe so ;) lol...you know there's this ink that glows in the dark...you can't see it by day.... pretty awsome I should say ;)

I have none.
A tattoo is an identifying mark...and identifying marks are a serious no-no.

Unless you're a criminal lol....

Last edited:
Lol...maybe so ;) lol...you know there's this ink that glows in the dark...you can't see it by day.... pretty awsome I should say ;)

Hello sky,

hey!! - fluorescent ink :cool: - now that sounds awesome - ever seen a tatoo using that ?

Regards
Kruska

I went through US Army Special Forces Training Group in 1967.
Most of us were young troops just out of jump school.

The old timers and instructors had been WW2 and Korea hardcore types.
Many had corresponding tattoos.
Ranger-dagger-parachute related varieties. Hard earned tough guy stuff.
Looked good.

The cold war was raging and one of the 1st classroom sessions regarded tats.

They said some of us would end up operating in eastern Europe or some other clandestine situation where we were trying to blend in.
If captured or detained, a US Military tattoo would blow one's cover pretty quick.

Very few of us got anything to show off in our old age.

I can't understand having a tat I could not see myself.

Hello sky,

hey!! - fluorescent ink :cool: - now that sounds awesome - ever seen a tatoo using that ?

Regards
Kruska

Yes I have ;) one of the girls that works with me at Hooters has one on her arm...can't see it by day, but it looks amazingly beautiful @ nite lol...

Really a good artist works on the full body. Actually I am not mad about tattoos. I have only one tattoo on my left shoulder. I have lot of interest in basketball game. But my friend is mad fro tattoos. He has colored his full body with tribal tattoos design.

I have a tattoo. It's on my right shoulder blade. A friend drew it.

I consider a tattoo to be like a wedding dress. You know when you find *the one* and you know you can look at it forever. Mine features a set of footprints and the words "I carried you". This is a quote from the poem, Footprints. Click the link if you don't know what I am talking about.

v6wa

My tat :) (For some reason, I feel like that isn't going to work. http://www.diigo.com/item/image/2hj3f/v6wa )

Last edited:
I have three names and dates on my right forearm of the mates who lost their lives under my command in combat.

Back