Target May Face Backlash on Salvation Army

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/041202/target_backlash_2.html

I'm sorry I had to put this one here. One of the things I hate about holiday shopping is those annyoing bell ringers at the entrance of the stores asking you and at times even harrassing you for money. How uncomfortable!!! Target was listening to its shoppers and in an effort to streamline their no solicitation policy and give it much needed consistency, they banned the bell ringers from standing at their doors. But of course, a "not for profit" organization who made $9 million bucks off of target's customers last year alone isn't going to sit back while Target bans its people from harrassing its customers, so now they (Salvation Army) are making a big stink about it and asking all "christians" to boycott Target. What a bunch of bs, if I've ever heard any! Target's :cen:d if they do, :cen:d if they don't. If they let them stay, their customer satisfaction inevitably drops and if they don't, you've got a whole bunch of extremist religious people breathing down their neck.

The problem with the capitalistic model has nothing to do with the model itself, but rather with having way too many NGO's (non governmenal organizations as well as government units trying to get involved. Let business be, is what I say.

Back