Tap?

NorwSarge

Anybody knows the lyric for tap? I think it goes something like this in the beginning;

"Day is done, time to sleep....."

But I dont remember! I found this in one of the threads;

"Far away, bugles play.
Sounding taps at the end of the day.
Gone the sun, night has come.
Day is done"

It sounds like it belongs, but I dont know.

Please..
-BC

I learned it as:

Day is done,
Gone the sun,
from the lakes, from the hills, from the sky
All is well
Safely rest
God is nigh

Thank you

Thank you gentlemen!
If anybody can fill in more of the song I am eternally grateful. Istealfreefood; I'm sorry but my English as well as my memory, and spelling by the way, sometimes plays triks on me! Taps it is! c",)

-BC

NorwSarge said:
Thank you gentlemen!
If anybody can fill in more of the song I am eternally grateful. Istealfreefood; I'm sorry but my English as well as my memory, and spelling by the way, sometimes plays triks on me! Taps it is! c",)

-BC

i thought it was just your english. i just want to make it better. also, tricks has a c in it.

NorwSarge said:
Thank you gentlemen!

-BC
For the future, try using the spellchecker feature located in the top right hand corner of the posting box. It's the one labeled "ABC" with a check mark underneath.

NorwSarge said:
"Far away, bugles play.
Sounding taps at the end of the day.
Gone the sun, night has come.
Day is done"

It sounds like it belongs, but I dont know.

Please..
-BC

That's the way I learned it, I don't remember where, but it's probably one of those tunes that was written without words first so everyone has a different version.

Back