Tank question

rock45

Besides the Gulf War's can somebody tell when the last three times there was tank vs. Tank battles? It's not the easiest thing to look up or search for I hoping somebody could list a few battles and I'll do the leg work hunting around, thanks

iraq-iran war, 1982 lebanon war (syria, israel and the plo all fielded tanks), 1973 war(with somthing like 6000 tanks on both sides). of all these the 1973 war is the classic tank war no doubt.

Cuban / SA

Did Cuban tanks ever go up against South Africa tank vs. tank? Africa is a place where I know little about and many wars have been fought there. I think there's been a few short wars between Libya and Chad where tanks may have faced each other on a small scale. Maybe Ethiopic and Somalia as well and while I'm at it Sudan. I'll start off with your suggestions and start searching the African names. I'm assuming I'll be finding T-54/55 vs T-54/55 since most of the countries I listed use Russian gear.

Don't forget the '67 war when Israel used beefed up Shermans to kick the crap out of Egyptian and Syrian T-62s that were 25 years newer.

Back