The tank in future conflicts?

SHERMAN

Do you think the tank will have a roll in future conflicts? Or will it grow old and useless like the Cavalry in WW1? 25 years from now, will the tank still be the Iron fist of western armies?

The tank will continue to be an essential part of the military ground forces for a very long time. Adaptation and increased versatility will be essential. Unlike the early World War II era, tanks find themselves targetted in numerous ways. One might consider that in the more recent Iraq war, suprise attacks have had minimal success against armor. It takes a lot more than a regular bomb strapped to your chest to take out a modern tank. In conventional battles, they are far from obsolete.

Horse Cavalry is never useless, just Mc Carther said so and did some bad things. No the tank will have so many new innovations.

I think we need a Horse Cavalry regiment.

Unless it was some kind of bionic horse, no.

But I think the tank will be around for awhile, but I think it might be more centered around urban support than great tank vs tank battles, there are few armies that can employ such power.

It will be light, extremely mobile and possibly have some kind of stealth abilities.

Back