The tank in future conflicts?

--

September 29th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: The tank in future conflicts?

Do you think the tank will have a roll in future conflicts? Or will it grow old and useless like the Cavalry in WW1? 25 years from now, will the tank still be the Iron fist of western armies?
September 29th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The tank will continue to be an essential part of the military ground forces for a very long time. Adaptation and increased versatility will be essential. Unlike the early World War II era, tanks find themselves targetted in numerous ways. One might consider that in the more recent Iraq war, suprise attacks have had minimal success against armor. It takes a lot more than a regular bomb strapped to your chest to take out a modern tank. In conventional battles, they are far from obsolete.
September 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Tanks are still essential weapons.
--
September 30th, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Horse Cavalry is never useless, just Mc Carther said so and did some bad things. No the tank will have so many new innovations.

I think we need a Horse Cavalry regiment.
September 30th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Unless it was some kind of bionic horse, no.

But I think the tank will be around for awhile, but I think it might be more centered around urban support than great tank vs tank battles, there are few armies that can employ such power.
September 30th, 2004  
Big_Z

It will be light, extremely mobile and possibly have some kind of stealth abilities.
September 30th, 2004  
A Can of Man

two words:
Mech Warrior

September 30th, 2004  
battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
two words:
Mech Warrior

Sounds good Or nano soldiers.