Talked to the recruter today

--

January 28th, 2005  
AmericanSweetheart

Topic: Talked to the recruter today

I talked to the Marine recruter today and am probably going to sign the papers saterday.
January 28th, 2005  
Charge 7

Good luck! Get ready for the ride of your life though!

Case in point:

Some years ago, there was a contest of arms and physical abilities between female members of the various service branches. The Marine Corps women swept event after event. Finally, when they got to the "tug of war" contest at the end of the competition the women Marines yanked the second place Army women into the pit with one almighty pull. As they dragged themselves out one of the Army women was heard to say "I guess it just proves that the Marines build men - no matter WHAT they start with".
January 28th, 2005  
AmericanSweetheart

Topic: yay

Thanks... I think?! lol I'm really ready to get to work so...
--
January 28th, 2005  
OutcastHuman

What are you going for in the Marines?
January 28th, 2005  
AmericanSweetheart

Topic: what I want to do

I want to work with computers.
January 28th, 2005  
03USMC

Did you talk to the Recruiter about MOS fields that are open? I mean since you have expressed intent to sign on Saturday I'd really hammer on him about that.
January 28th, 2005  
OutcastHuman

Ya im deciding between Air Force and Army i cant decide wether i want to fly or jump...but i still have 1 year before i can do anything.
January 28th, 2005  
AmericanSweetheart

Topic: Mos

Yes I talked to HER a lot about MOS but I still have to make it through boot. Chris is going with me to sign (under strong protest may I add)
January 28th, 2005  
OutcastHuman

Why should he protest the Armed forces need everyone they can get...Plus you should be good.
January 28th, 2005  
03USMC

Topic: Re: Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSweetheart
Yes I talked to HER a lot about MOS but I still have to make it through boot. Chris is going with me to sign (under strong protest may I add)
Let me get this straight. Bear with me. You've talked about MOS but you have to make it thru Boot first?

Is the Recruiter trying to Ship you Open Contract?