TALK OF HILLARY EXIT ENGULFS CAMPAIGNS

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor

Mon Jan 07 2008 09:46:28 ET

Facing a double-digit defeat in New Hampshire, a sudden collapse in national polls and an expected fund-raising drought, Senator Hillary Clinton is preparing for a tough decision: Does she get out of the race? And when?!

"She can't take multiple double-digit losses in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada," laments one top campaign insider to the DRUDGE REPORT. "If she gets too badly embarrassed, it will really harm her. She doesn't want the Clinton brand to be damaged with back-to-back-to-back defeats."

Meanwhile, Democrat hopeful John Edwards has confided to senior staff that he is staying in the race because Hillary "could soon be out."

"Her money is going to dry up," Edwards confided, a top source said Monday morning.

MORE

Key players in Clinton's inner circle are said to be split. James Carville is urging her to fight it out through at least February and Super Tuesday, where she has a shot at thwarting Barack Obama in a big state. But others close to the former first lady now see no possible road to victory, sources claim.

Developing...

[The dramatic reversal of fortunes has left the media establishment stunned and racing to keep up with fast-moving changes.

In its final poll before Iowa, CNN showed Clinton with a two-point lead over Obama. Editorial decisions were being made based on an understanding the Democratic primary race would be close, explained a network executive.]

Edwards is staying in the race anyway. And it's too early to tell anythng yet.

Like anyone is going to vote for Huckabee anyway.

Hillary is scary, I hope she goes byebye.

Edwards is staying in the race anyway. And it's too early to tell anythng yet.

Like anyone is going to vote for Huckabee anyway.
I know a couple of people who are all for Huckabee. I haven't read up too much on the separate candidates, but just knowing the person(s) voting for Huckabee I don't think he'll be my first choice.

I still don't know why they overlooked my two picks:

1. Governor Bill Richardson, 14 years in Congress, UN Ambassador and Foreign Relations experience with almost every country in the world, including Nicaragua, Guatemala, Cuba, Peru, Iraq, North Korea, India, Nigeria and the Sudan. The Cato Institute rates him the highest of any Democrat on its latest fiscal-policy report card.

Richardson slashed New Mexico's income tax rate from 8.2 percent to 4.9 percent, increased tax deductions for lower and middle-class taxpayers, and created new tax incentives for business.

He has successfully won the release of hostages, soldiers and prisoners in Iraq, Cuba, the Sudan and North Korea. At the UN and beyond, he has defused and deflected difficulties and crises all over the world. What's not to like in the man by the Democrats?

2. Joe Biden, 6 term Senator from Delaware, Senate Democratic Steering and Coordination Committee, Co-Chairman, Senate NATO Observer Group, Co-Chairman, Senate National Security Working Group, Vice Chairman, NATO Parliamentary Assembly,
Co-Chairman, Congressional Fireman's Caucus, Co-Chairman, Congressional International Anti-Piracy Caucus, Member, Congressional Air Force Caucus, Member, National Guard Caucus, Member, Senate Auto Caucus, Member, Senate Biotechnology Caucus, Member, Congressional Port Security Caucus.
Pro Military and Defense Funding.

If I was a Democrat, these would be my choices. Experience, experience, experience.

I still don't know why they overlooked my two picks:

2. Joe Biden, 6 term Senator from Delaware, Senate Democratic Steering and Coordination Committee, Co-Chairman, Senate NATO Observer Group, Co-Chairman, Senate National Security Working Group, Vice Chairman, NATO Parliamentary Assembly,
Co-Chairman, Congressional Fireman's Caucus, Co-Chairman, Congressional International Anti-Piracy Caucus, Member, Congressional Air Force Caucus, Member, National Guard Caucus, Member, Senate Auto Caucus, Member, Senate Biotechnology Caucus, Member, Congressional Port Security Caucus.
Pro Military and Defense Funding.

If I was a Democrat, these would be my choices. Experience, experience, experience.

Biden's at the top of my list. The 3-part Irag is a great idea.

I think the reason Richardson and Biden have failed to catch on can be explained in two words: No Charisma.

They are smart guys, but watching paint dry is more entertaining. Serious 'ZZzzzzz' factor.

I think the reason Richardson and Biden have failed to catch on can be explained in two words: No Charisma.

They are smart guys, but watching paint dry is more entertaining. Serious 'ZZzzzzz' factor.

Most intelligent people tend to be more introverted than say, used car salesmen or slip-and-fall-lawyers.

If you want Charisma you can go to Hollywood where there's an oversupply of overcharismatic people with a lacking in practical governance experience and education.

Most intelligent people tend to be more introverted than say, used car salesmen or slip-and-fall-lawyers.

But that confuses people, when they use "big words." people like when someone tells them that everything is simple. they can understand that. It makes them feel "smart." When a truly intelligent person comes along that person often cannot get any traction because they don't try to sugarcoat things and call them "simple." An individual person can handle that. People can't.

mmarsh - I think you have an interesting point there - because believe me, the reverse is most true also. The charismatic, buy me approach can be most successful but full of eastern promise. The electorate finds itself loaded with empty rhetoric, slipping through its fingers like sand. We ourselves suffered a nasty case of 'you can fool all of the people all of the time'. These landslide victories have horrendous outcomes. It ain't supposed to be no beauty contest, is it, but it can lead that way.

Back