Taliban : will fight alongside Pakistan army in case of war with India

SwordFish_13

Hi,

Source

Islamabad: Hunted by the US and NATO forces for committing acts of Terror in Afghanistan, the Taliban said on Tuesday that they would back the Pakistan Army by deploying hundreds of suicide bombers in case of any military action with India.

Claiming that "thousands of our well-armed militants are ready to fight alongside the army if any war is imposed on Pakistan," chief of the outlawed Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, Baitullah Mehsud, told ‘The News’ daily by phone from an undisclosed location.

Hundreds of would-be bombers had been "given suicide jackets and explosive-laden vehicles for protection of the border in case of any aggression by the Indian forces", he said.

"The time had come, to wage a real jihad that the Taliban had been waiting for," Mehsud, for whom the Pakistani and US forces are on the look out claimed.

"We know very well that the visible and invisible enemies of the country have been planning to weaken this lone Islamic nuclear power. But the mujahideen will foil all such nefarious designs of our enemies," he said.

This is for the first time Mehsud has admitted that Taliban has marshalled thousands of fighters close to the Afghan-Pak border and where Pakistani army has launched a major operation to flush them out.

Mehsud said people might question how the Taliban would fight alongside the Pakistan Army when the militants had been fighting the force for a long time.

"Therefore, I want to make it clear that the army was acting otherwise (in the past). But now it would fight for the protection and survival of the country, which is why we will support them," Mehsud said.

Mehsud, who was accused by former President Pervez Musharraf of masterminding the assassination of PPP chairperson Benazir Bhutto in December last year, significantly said the Taliban would defend the country's frontier with Afghanistan in the event of hostilities with India.

He said he wanted to "assure the nation, Government and army that they should not worry about Pakistan's western borders with Afghanistan" as "thousands of his armed fighters had already been deployed to safeguard the strategically important frontier".

Taliban fighters are ready to fight under the army's command, he said, but remarked it would be better for the military to "give them a separate sector or specify special targets" for the militants".

Tensions have escalated in the region after India blamed Pakistan-elements for the Mumbai terror attacks, which killed over 180 people. India has asked Pakistan to take action against elements, including the Lashker-e-Taiba terror group.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Hi,

Peace
-=SF_13=-

One can only put up with so much nonsense.

As usual the civilized world looks and gasps then the collective jaw drops in wonderment. If the Pakistan Goverment truly wants these disgusting, sadistic, misogynistic and paranoid morons to be part of their fabric, then Pakistan is an enemy of all peoples who are free.

It is time for Pakistan to seperate their state from the religeous zealots in their midst. A seperation of religeon from state is not impossible in an Islamic country. Turkey is doing just fine as a democracy in process, and they seem to be doing just fine without the Wahabi's and who ever else view the west as dogs and infidels.

Eventually this nonsense will reach a plateau. And when this happens, God help the poor ignorant jerk who believes he will feed from a river of honey and have numerous virgins to ravish in a militant Muslim heaven for killing innocent westerners. If this nonsense persists, when the world catches up with those who have perpetrated these crimes, they shall feel a wrath so strong, they may believe it is destruction from the finger of God.

i dunno

Both india and pakistan have nukes. if a nuclear war broke out in the middle east, we wouldnt need to worry about the middle east but what if it escalated? what if iran decides hey pakistan nuked india lets nuke israel? or lets bomb israel im not 100% sure if iran has nukes. anyways that could escalate into a world war if you look at it.just a chain reaction that you couldnt predict. but i agree it would be nice if they wiped eachother out.
and the only reason the taliban would fight is because its india.

Pakistan government is useless

I always wonder why didn't India AF take out Pakistan reactor when it was being built? Talk about not making the right decision and having it come back and bite you in the ass.

Maybe the President could give them some more aid, maybe the Taliban might need new weapons for such a venture.

Last edited:
rock45 you don't have any knowledge of Airpower balance of Subcontinent I think,
read out all wars b/w Pakistan and India and you will find that PAF remained a winner in skies of Subcontnient, then how you think that Indian AF has enough guts to blow out a Pak nuclear reactor.
Don't compare Pak India situation with that of Arab Isreal, the Arabs lost Airwar and in sinnai and Golan and the Indians lost it in skies of kashmir and Punjab.
In any future conflict Pakistan has also the power to turn the tide against india and can gain much ground inside indo terrotory. Don't forget we have an edge in both quality and quantity of Nukes over iNdia also having more sophisticated Indigniously produced Armour then india.

Can you please elaborate on that? Like what sort of numbers and equipment are we talking about?
Seems like from the perfromance of the Indian Air Force, their level of training and professionalism is very high. That is also a factor.

Can you please elaborate on that? Like what sort of numbers and equipment are we talking about?
Seems like from the perfromance of the Indian Air Force, their level of training and professionalism is very high. That is also a factor.

The same old story one Pakistani solder is equal to 10 veggy eating short and thin legged Indian ;) ..... and they lost all their wars with Pakistan due to their inherit cowardly nature which comes form their eating habits which constitutes mainly vegetarian food . Indian should be thankful that even after being defeated so badly 3 -4 times Pakistan has given them the chance to still remain in the subcontinent and the Dard Lungi wearing Indian should have been pushed in to the Indian Ocean.

Kashmir would have easily been liberated form the tyrant Cow pee drinking Hundus but they decide not too .. and Dark Bengali speaking Bangla were too lazy thats why they gave them a seperate contry called bangladesh .

There is no point in debating the Superiority and Performance in terms of quality and quantity ... in every parameter Pakistan excels ... You have to accept it .. have faith

:angel:

Last edited:
Redneck this is what you have studied that indian Airforce training and performance is very high, widen your study to PAF. It has highest rejection rate in world, 2ndly indian AF still suffers from lack of 500pilots.
PAF has always kept an upper hand over IndianAF. Kindly look at the record of both Airforces from the time of independence of Pakistan and India to right now and compare the number of Airkills both have in their record. PAF not only downed the Indian Fighters but was engaged in Arab Israel wars destroying 4to 5 Isareli Aircrafts in dogfights without losing a single. Also fought against Soviet Airforce the V-VS in border war over Afghanistan from 1979 to 89 ,destroying Soviet fighters and transports with losing any own fighter.
The 1st Airkill in history of both AFs was scored by PAF when it downed an Indian AF canberra over Pak skies in 1947.
Now here are the neutral statistics of Air losses and kills of both Airforces given by AirCombat Information group:
Indian Airforce Airkills are 67 and one Agianst Pak Navy Aircraft (Note that indian AF has no kill score against any other AF otherthen PAF) as per http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_321.shtml

PAF confirmed Airkills alone Against Indain AF are 116 and one agianst Indian Navy and one Indian Army UAV.
Against Israeli Defence Force PAF scored 5Airkills without losing own.
Against soviet Airforce V-VS PAF scored 8kills with 9th damaged.
Against Democratic Afghan Airforce PAF scored 16
as per http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_324.shtml
Regards

Hi,

It has highest rejection rate in world,
OOo People Don't pass .. Incompetency :D

2ndly indian AF still suffers from lack of 500pilots.
850 Actually what dose that prove .. Our Incompetency ?

PAF has always kept an upper hand over IndianAF
yaay

Note that indian AF has no kill score against any other AF otherthen PAF
See told ya we are a peace loving nation ;) ..

Last edited:
Cut and paste from Wiki:

Main articles: Bangladesh Liberation War and Indo-Pakistani War of 1971

A later image of types that participated in one of the PAF's first strikes, codenamed Operation Chengiz Khan on Indian airfields in the North Western Sector, during the 1971 war.

In December 1971, India and Pakistan went to war over erstwhile East Pakistan. On November 22, 10 days before the start of a full-scale hostilities, four Pakistani Air Force F-86 Sabre jets attacked Indian and Mukti Bahini positions near the Indian-Bangladeshi border in the Battle of Garibpur, and hostilities commenced. In what became the first ever dogfight over Bangladeshi skies, three of the 4 PAF Sabres were shot down by IAF Gnats. December 3 saw the formal declaration of war following massive preemptive strikes by the Pakistan Air Force against Indian Air Force installations in the west. The PAF targets were Indian bases in Srinagar, Ambala, Sirsa, Halwara and Jodhpur on the lines of Israeli Operation Focus. But the plan failed as the Indians had anticipated such a move and no major losses were suffered by the Indians.[17] After the IAF retaliated, the PAF carried out more defensive sorties.[18]
As the war progressed, the Indian Air Force continued to battle the PAF over conflict zones[19], but the number of sorties flown by the PAF gradually decreased day-by-day.[20] The lack of coordination between Pakistan's air force and army[21] was evident during the Battle of Longewala when the PAF was unable to come to aid the ground forces despite repeated requests by the Pakistan Army.[22] The PAF did not intervene during the Indian Navy's raid on Karachi, a Pakistani naval port city. Some sources state that a commander decided it was the task of the Pakistan Navy alone to defend Karachi.[23]
At the end of the war, the Indian Air Force claimed it had shot down 94 PAF aircraft, including 54 F-86 Sabres.[24] According to some sources, the overall attrition rate (losses per 100 sorties) was 0.48 for the IAF and 1.42 for the PAF,[25] the PAF flying 2914 combat sorties while the IAF flew 7,346 combat sorties[26][27] during the conflict.[28] According to a PAF officer, 61.5% of PAF's sorties were defensive while 65.5% of IAF's sorties were offensive.[29]

Dunno, but I wouldn´t say that statistic is screaming winning the airwar?

//KJ.

Hi KJ,

During Cold war Pakistan was at the frontline and was one of the largest recipient of US weapon outside NATO . If you check the Laundry list It received some cutting edge hardware from US during that period ... India happened to join the Non-Aligned Nations .. And the access to modern weapons was not that easy.... As the rule of the game was to Join one of the blocks to get access to all the tech .... the kill rate was indeed high for their Airforce in the First war .. that's what they keep reading in their text books .. See staticts are very easy to manipulate ....

Don't feed the Trolls ;)

Peace

Last edited:
KJ why only to write about 71war, why did'nt you write about 65war. And also kargil war in all those indian Airlosses were far heavier then Pakistani and in kargil it was alone India who lost and not the PAF.

rock45 you don't have any knowledge of Airpower balance of Subcontinent I think,
read out all wars b/w Pakistan and India and you will find that PAF remained a winner in skies of Subcontnient,
* Past wars mean little today A/B Vipers don't match up well against MKI overall. ROSE Mirages & J-7 basically shot range, I do like what Pakistan did to keep the Mirages going. Face the facts Pakistan doesn't have much and I hope those F-16C's take a long time reaching your AF. I hope the spare parts chain in the future works out for you.
icon10.gif

The JF-17 Russian engine, Chinese radar and weapons systems both big question marks. Can't compare it to anything yet because its so far from a complete aircraft. Unless you get more Saudi money or more aid from the US (boggles the mind) your getting made in China. No one is rushing to sell anything good to your government in the state your country is in.

then how you think that Indian AF has enough guts to blow out a Pak nuclear reactor.
Seeing how your country is tearing itself apart and your government playing both sides I don't think you should have control over nukes period. Kids are being trained in your country to blow themselves up while your useless government does little so no you shouldn't have nuke and I wish the Indians would have taken out your reactors before finishing them. Sorry but that's how I feel your country is unstable.

Don't compare Pak India situation with that of Arab Isreal, the Arabs lost Airwar and in sinnai and Golan and the Indians lost it in skies of kashmir and Punjab.
I don't know how every major battle played out between Indian and Pakistan, both air forces are not impressive take away India's MKI Flankers and it becomes outdated. Isn't Kashmir where the Indian used LGB on thier Mirage 2000s for the first time and put up Mig-29s as top cover? Where was the mighty Pakistan air force then? Your AF Kind of left your guys out there high and dry now didn't they? Couldn't get any Vipers into that region? Your pride is talking Pakistan saw those Indian jets on radar and reports were radioed back were getting bombed right? No Pakistan AF in sight. Don't go down the path that they weren't suppoted by Pak's army stuff we all know better. I don't know all the facts of the entire battle but the bottom line was India showed up. I'm not Indian so I'm just stating the basic facts in modern times they put up and at least got some assets to the battle. Vipers out range Mig-29s for sure and depending on the speed/load out range Mirage 2000s as well.

In any future conflict Pakistan has also the power to turn the tide against india and can gain much ground inside indo terrotory.
Nothing wrong with having pride in ones armed forces I would have to study how close Pakistan has air bases to India's border to see if they can reach important Indian assets to destroy.

Don't forget we have an edge in both quality and quantity of Nukes over iNdia
Using those weapons as you so freely mention them is the reason why they should be taken away from your military. Russia and the US never used them even during the peak of the "Cold War" they knew better. The crazies running around in your country you know the ones I'm taking about. The ones that are killing your own people and proud military personnel those nice people whom your government gave them a safe area don't know better.

On a side note I know you don't have personnel control over your government nor do I. I just have huge issues with your government right now and their leadership path. I don't pretend to understand all the problems between India and Pakistan but currently the world feels safer with India having nukes then Pakistan.

also having more sophisticated Indigniously produced Armour then india.
I'm not big into armor but do know training like in air combat is very important. I don't really know how much both armies put into their training, others may know better.

Last edited:
KJ why only to write about 71war, why did'nt you write about 65war. And also kargil war in all those indian Airlosses were far heavier then Pakistani and in kargil it was alone India who lost and not the PAF.

Because you Won All 3 wars so it should not matter which war we talk about ... It was the same n all three ... And Giving the Example of Kargil air losses ? .. Come on now ..... you are reading too my jehadi propaganda ..

Brave Pakistan's never admitted to Having it's solders involved in the Kargil .. and Firing Anti Aircraft MIssels for the Pakistani Side of the border and Downing a few Mig 21's .. and when thso e Veggy eating ,, dark and small Indian were shooting them .. i saw no air support coming to help them out ?

It's called restraint form Indian Part still we didn't cross the border ..

Last edited:
ohh come on sword fish we are not atleast complexed like you changing original nationalities.
Well for your Info the Indian Migs and MI heli which was downed bcz it crossed the border.
And I donno why are yaw having so much inferiority complexes upon your food, appearence etc I'm noticing this in all previous posts of yours.
And those Pak troops that fought over those mountains still succeded in retaining the highest kargil post inspite of full indian ground and Airthrust.
it's not about vegetables or meat it's about the professionalism, try to relieve your self from these fallsiatic complxes.

All this mud slinging is really amusing, but how does it relate to the thread? Would the Pk army really welcome a couple of hundred paradise seekers on the battlefield? How would they integrate with the C3I funtion of a regular army? Most importantly - why would India decide to invade Pk? Could it be to give the Taleban another shot at glory?

If a war happens and Talibans enter it, Pak Army will treat them as The supproting elements not as part of regular Army. The Pakistan Army will continue it's own ops irrespective of Taliban interference. And why the India will invade Pak, might be bcz of Hindu Extremists forcing Indian govt to attack Pakistan for being a Muslim country, howevea the exact reason can be told by indian themselves.

Infantryman Ali, I wasn't actually declaring that Indian Air Force was superior or anything. I was saying that their level of training and professionalism seems to be very high. But your response seems to tell us more about what you really think.
Let's try to not make this into a Country vs Country thread. In that sort of case, no one knows unless it actually breaks out. Hopefully it won't come to that.
I think the Taliban released this sort of statement because it's getting pressured by the Pakistanis and wants to win them over somehow by trying to deflect the attention to another foreign threat. I believe that's the real point behind this whole story.
I don't know about the whole Indian aggression thing. I really have to see it to believe it. If history proves to be any guide, of large countries, India tends not to be on the aggressive side. If that isn't the truth, they've done a good job of selling that image. Even individually, I haven't met many Indians who were hard line about any sort of violence. Maybe having one of their greatest heroes as a true pacifists helped bring about that sort of attitude.

I haven't met many Indians who were hard line about any sort of violence.
Hi the_13th_redneck
I'll admit I'm a little harsh toward Pakistan but the above quote hits the nail on the head.

The fact that the Taliban is even mentioned in a good way like they would support or fight along side or whatever shows how mess up Pakistan really is. They cut peoples heads off and hang them on the lights to show they control the streets and/or the villages. They kill police, military personnel, government, and more I can't understand how anybody from Pakistan wouldn't be against such a group gaining power.

Infantryman Ali your the only Pakistan person speaking here so I'm sorry for asking you directly but the Indian people, government, or military aren't killing your people right now the Taliban are. Wouldn't you want all the Taliban out of Pakistan? I know I'll never understand the hatred some share between Pakistan and India but the Taliban are killing and destroying your country right now. Why do the Muslim's in Pakistan turn their back on the internal killings? Its not in the Muslim religion to kill others or cause harm right why would anybody want this group to get control?
icon5.gif

Back